Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] COVIDIOTS hot spots

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Till they know for sure if the vaccine cuts transmission it’s still silly, they could pick it up and take it back to the care home / pass it on.

I wouldn't categorise it as silly myself, as that is being a bit too flippant about a really, really serious situation imo.

Wise? Perhaps not. But understandable, is all I'm saying.

The vaccinated need to be given some surety and soon, otherwise this is only going to become a bigger issue in the coming weeks. People who were vaccinated quite a long time ago now, feeling they're no closer to seeing loved ones, aware of their own mortality. It's an absolutely horrible situation and I feel simply branding these people "silly" is far too simplistic a way of looking at the situation.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I wouldn't categorise it as silly myself, as that is being a bit too flippant about a really, really serious situation imo.

The vaccinated need to be given some surety and soon, otherwise this is only going to become a bigger issue in the coming weeks. People who were vaccinated quite a long time ago now, feeling they're no closer to seeing loved ones, aware of their own mortality. It's an absolutely horrible situation and I feel simply branding these people "silly" is far too simplistic a way of looking at the situation.

Exactly ..”understandable” is the word....lot of finger wagging by people that seem to be oh so perfect people...and I’m not referring to KB

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Surely if they're vulnerable they'll already have support bubbles in place (allowed under the rules), or if they live alone can similarly have them? Plus the rules are only in place as they are for a few more weeks until the 29th March, then outdoor meeting becomes permitted (IIRC).

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I blame Churchill

TELEMMGLPICT000211972709_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqW-Lc0TAiyYzC8hrrx9reNDU9bUDdRjDQHNAzmnxCa9w.jpeg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Surely if they're vulnerable they'll already have support bubbles in place (allowed under the rules), or if they live alone can similarly have them? Plus the rules are only in place as they are for a few more weeks until the 29th March, then outdoor meeting becomes permitted (IIRC).

My viewpoint is simply that I would struggle to look negatively on - say - a 91 year old wanting to see a favourite niece or nephew one last time, or hold their grandchild just once.

Is it against the rules? Potentially, yes. Am I going to judge them for it? No. That's literally all I'm saying.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

It is a complex situation, but it has been for the past year.

It has to be the same rules across the board till the rules are lifted.

What’s to stop a vaccinated 30 year old visiting anyone?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It is a complex situation, but it has been for the past year.

It has to be the same rules across the board till the rules are lifted.

What’s to stop a vaccinated 30 year old visiting anyone?

My point still comes from a more sentimental place.

A 91 year old is far, far, far more likely to die in the next 6 months than a 30 year old.

I'm not saying what I think the rules should or shouldn't be - I'm simply saying I would find it very cold to judge situations like a 91 year old wanting to hold their grandchild just once before they die.

Last edited:

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
I dare say a fair few of these old people on visits, are visiting other old people who they haven't seen for a year, and who have also been vaccinated. So they aren't really in danger of spreading much at all.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Covidiots are:
- people wearing masks when they are on their own in a car
- people wearing masks walking along the promenade without another person in sight
- people riding bicycles wearing masks
- people who cower into a hedgerow when passing you on a country footpath

These people will never feel it's ok to stop wearing masks. They will be permanently scared to death. Good luck to them trying to deal with normal life.These idiots are the real Covidiots.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My viewpoint is simply that I would struggle to look negatively on - say - a 91 year old such as Glenn Murray wanting to see a favourite niece or nephew one last time, or hold their grandchild just once.

Is it against the rules? Potentially, yes. Am I going to judge them for it? No. That's literally all I'm saying.

Very harsh.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Serious question - does anyone here wear a mask when driving a car on their own? I see it so often and it completely baffles me. To me that's not risk assessment, that's just oddball behaviour.

Anyone help me understand this one?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here