Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Covid Secure Christmas

What covid secure measures are you contemplating taking for Xmas?

• Mandatory face masks indoors in your home

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Provide cleaning stations for visitors

• Eating xmas dinner/holding get-togethers outdoors

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Taking a covid test before any get togethers

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Ordfering in extras litres of hand snitizer

• Thoroughly sterilising your home between guests

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Employing the rule of six on number of visitors

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • Asking guests to bring their own crockery and cutlery

• No, I'm sticking to my own covid secure bubble for xmas

Votes: 37 74.0%
  • Having a digital Xmas, lunch over zoom etc

Votes: 6 12.0%

• Total voters

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Cancelled our break in a hotel in the West Country and the kids are staying at their respective universities to save unnecessary travel , so just me and the wife this year for the first time.

Will do the odd zoom call to extended family but we just accept that for this one year Christmas will just be a simple affair. Actually quite looking forward to it.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Mrs P: I think we should visit my parents for Christmas this year

Perkino: I'd love to but unfortunately due to Covid 19 it isn't safe to see them

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
carrying on as normal, we'll be about 24/26 people in our house.

absolutely no masks or sanitiser in sight.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I know it's early days for the poll and plenty of time for change, but I am mightily impressed by how sensible some people are being...

Maybe with the exception of the poster directly above me, unless of course he has A LOT of kids...

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020
Who knows, we haven't got out of Lockdown 2 yet.

With this Government, it could be anything, from Lockdown 2 continuing to forget about the virus and go where you like between Xmas Eve and New Years Day and we'll worry about the new spike in the middle of January when it comes.

Although fully expecting to be at home with the wife and a tin of spam for Christmas Dinner.

The rumours are that there will be some relaxation of the rules between 24th Dec and 1st Jan, I think there is a fear if any lockdown rules or the regional approach is too draconian many millions will just ignore them anyway. There will be some rules, like rule of 6 outdoors etc (possibly indoors in tier 1).

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Mrs P: I think we should visit my parents for Christmas this year

Perkino: I'd love to but unfortunately due to Covid 19 it isn't safe to see them

Well played.

Two years ago I told my mother that I was going to visit my girlfriend for christmas, while I told my girlfriend that I was going to visit my mother. Spent the day playing smoking, drinking, eating and playing video games while using my t-shirt as a napkin and farting in my underwear. Best christmas of my life.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
Canceled the Hawaii holiday and will either stay home or get together with some friends (who we know aren't out there being daft) after everyone gets tested. Not risking elderly family but also things are a little more hectic over here I think.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Little difference this year than any other year, apart from whether my local will be open Christmas Day or not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here