Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Covid outbreak at spurs?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Alisdair Gold of london.football now reporting it on twitter. 142,000 followers so should be a good sauce. However, he does say Spurs had cases earlier in the season that were false positive . The affected players have been found positive on lateral flow tests and will take PCR tests tomorrow.

I was going to say something along these lines.

In the realms of sport there does seem to be a surprisingly large number of "false positives" that are resolved with repeated re-tests, freeing up the sportsman to play before he otherwise would.

Six days will allow for a fair number of re-tests.

I guess you keep going until you get the result you want.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Finally some positive results for Spurs!

Emerson and Bryan GIl missed the game in the weekend due to illness, probably a good guess that they might be two of those six.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I was going to say something along these lines.

In the realms of sport there does seem to be a surprisingly large number of "false positives" that are resolved with repeated re-tests, freeing up the sportsman to play before he otherwise would.

Six days will allow for a fair number of re-tests.

I guess you keep going until you get the result you want.

How does it work then, keep testing until they get a solitary negative and that’s good enough?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Some FPL bod says one of them is a Son. It would be a shame if he missed the game and couldn’t run at big fan burn.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How does it work then, keep testing until they get a solitary negative and that’s good enough?

Sorry, I don't know anything about the process involved but there does seem to be a difference between the general public and those in elite sport...

General public tests positive: 10 days isolation, no re-test.
Elite sportsman/woman tests positive: May subsequently be revealed to be a false positive and is free to rejoin society/team etc.

It feels like there has been a few, Owen Farrell is the most recent I can recall - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/59198981

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Sorry, I don't know anything about the process involved but there does seem to be a difference between the general public and those in elite sport...

Elite sportsman/woman tests positive: May subsequently be revealed to be a false positive and is free to rejoin society/team etc.

It feels like there has been a few, Owen Farrell is the most recent I can recall - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/59198981

Our own Aaron Connolly was involved in a false positive mix up while on international duty. He was deemed to be a close contact of another player who'd tested positive. Arron had to isolate, later turned out to be a false positive for the other player and Aaron returned to the squad.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The Athletic reporting 6 Spurs players have tested positive - there is a further round of testing taking place today (as scheduled)

JonnyCLately

Jan 16, 2018
Shoreham by sea

Think it’s generally LFT positive PCR negative. The latter is the more stringent accurate test and less likely to return false positive. I’ve had a positive LFT which was followed by negative PCR and I was free to roam!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I know you shouldn't but, fingers crossed eh....

having said that, I am sure because it is Tottenham and they are also in European competition , the European game will probably get cancelled, can't see the French side wanting to come over.

Really hope the Sunday game goes ahead, as others have said it should even it's self out, maybe do us a favour for once.

Europa League rules are that you need to be unable to field 13 registered players - or any GK

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I am torn on this one.

My son has an important match on Sunday. I am awaiting the kick off times but I have been undecided whether I go to the Spurs game or his match.

Never missed one of his matches so I am most likely going to choose to watch him and miss Spurs However, a postponement takes away any of that thinking.

Also - hoping that the players/staff involved are OK etc!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
During Covid, I am sure if the French don't want to come to a covid infested club for a game, they would be well within their rights to refuse.

Sure - and forfeit the game.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here