[Albion] Covid outbreak at spurs?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hope their Leicester game is off to in that case

Roland

Banned
Sep 29, 2021
Looks like we are getting away with it although be stable who’s second 11 would have persevered.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
With tomorrow’s game off I’d be stunned if we’re lining up against them come Sunday afternoon

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
They should be more careful then...especially for their families. Maybe the infection was brought in by one of the private chefs that cook at home for their players, like poor old Harry Kane.

Why use that as an example ? Could have been anywhere. Also, Adam Webster was pictured on social media at home with a meal cooked by a private chef in the last couple of weeks. :shrug:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why use that as an example ? Could have been anywhere. Also, Adam Webster was pictured on social media at home with a meal cooked by a private chef in the last couple of weeks. :shrug:

Who also cooks very regularly for a few first teamers I believe (according to his Facebook anyway)

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
If as expected this gets postponed then that’s excellent news (sorry I don’t mean for fans who had plans to attend).

- Spurs have been winning of late and would be coming in good form.
- we now get a 10 day break in the middle of the busiest period of the season. Players like Lamptey and Cucurella can now be fit and raring to go against Wolves.
- Wolves will have played at the weekend we won’t.
- By the time we play Spurs we should have Webster, Lallana, Duffy and Welbeck all back and available and maybe Dunk also.
- Had we played against a spurs reserve team the whole philosophy of the game changes, we would be expected to win rather than being underdogs. The crowd expectation them changes and if we don’t win it’s more doom and gloom.

We need to use this advantage to go and beat Wolves though.

scooter1

How soon is now?
If as expected this gets postponed then that’s excellent news (sorry I don’t mean for fans who had plans to attend).

- Spurs have been winning of late and would be coming in good form.
- we now get a 10 day break in the middle of the busiest period of the season. Players like Lamptey and Cucurella can now be fit and raring to go against Wolves.
- Wolves will have played at the weekend we won’t.
- By the time we play Spurs we should have Webster, Lallana, Duffy and Welbeck all back and available and maybe Dunk also.
- Had we played against a spurs reserve team the whole philosophy of the game changes, we would be expected to win rather than being underdogs. The crowd expectation them changes and if we don’t win it’s more doom and gloom.

We need to use this advantage to go and beat Wolves though.

Duffy will still be suspended, that's not going away.
the others may have an outside chance, but what grinds me about this potential postponement is that we'd have had to play it with injuries. Spurs will have a big enough squad to fulfill these games, and if players are negative then they can field a team

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Duffy will still be suspended, that's not going away.
the others may have an outside chance, but what grinds me about this potential postponement is that we'd have had to play it with injuries. Spurs will have a big enough squad to fulfill these games, and if players are negative then they can field a team

Duffy won’t be suspended when we actually play Spurs. His suspension will be served against Wolves so he will be available. The others will all be available for when we play spurs which will be in the new year sometime.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Re suspensions, is the cut off for 5 yellows, the 19th game or is it done by date?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Re suspensions, is the cut off for 5 yellows, the 19th game or is it done by date?

Any player earning five bookings from their side's first 19 Premier League matches will serve a one-match ban in the same competition. Yellow cards are not carried over to the EFL Cup or FA Cup.

Players who accumulate 10 yellow cards in Premier League matches up to and including their team's 32nd fixture will serve a two-match suspension in the competition.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Cut off is after the 19th game, so if Spurs game doesn't go ahead the Chelsea game becomes the 19th, so any player receiving a 5th yellow card of the season in that game would miss the Everton game.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

Clearly you're another who didn't find my joke funny (shame, I always like your posts). Of course they could have caught it from anywhere... that's bleeding obvious. And I chose to have a dig at Kane, and the rest of them, and Webster if you like, who are unable (or their partners) to cook healthy meals for themselves at home... I mean, it's pathetic. If you're happy for your season ticket money to be spent on private chefs for the elite (I mean Webster, not Kane) then good on ya.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Any player earning five bookings from their side's first 19 Premier League matches will serve a one-match ban in the same competition. Yellow cards are not carried over to the EFL Cup or FA Cup.

Players who accumulate 10 yellow cards in Premier League matches up to and including their team's 32nd fixture will serve a two-match suspension in the competition.

Cut off is after the 19th game, so if Spurs game doesn't go ahead the Chelsea game becomes the 19th, so any player receiving a 5th yellow card of the season in that game would miss the Everton game.

Thanks. So a postponement just pushes the suspension line a game later. It makes it doubly problematic for Spurs who already have the game v Burnley to make up.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Clearly you're another who didn't find my joke funny (shame, I always like your posts). Of course they could have caught it from anywhere... that's bleeding obvious. And I chose to have a dig at Kane, and the rest of them, and Webster if you like, who are unable (or their partners) to cook healthy meals for themselves at home... I mean, it's pathetic. If you're happy for your season ticket money to be spent on private chefs for the elite (I mean Webster, not Kane) then good on ya.

:flounce::flounce:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Do you really care that much about where your season ticket money goes?

I mean it's a small drop in the ocean of income of the club gets and what is paid to players. If Adam Webster or anyone else wants to use my 0.02% contribution to his yearly wage on a private chef (and that is assuming the entire cost of my season ticket goes directly to his wages) then he can knock himself out. It seems a really bizarre thing to get upset about.

If I was earning the kind of money Premier League footballers earn I'd probably treat myself to a private chef coming in and cooking for me at home from time to time, is it really any different to going to a restaurant? Only the location of where you are eating has changed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here