Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Covid jabs and prioritising

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I didn’t know the self employed had stopped working at people’s houses. We’ve certainly had different tradesmen at ours but with social distancing, masks and full disinfecting when they have left.

The few I know personally have had work serious cut back/gone

The ruling is It’s only emergencies currently.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I didn’t know the self employed had stopped working at people’s houses. We’ve certainly had different tradesmen at ours but with social distancing, masks and full disinfecting when they have left.

The few I know personally have had work serious cut back/gone

The ruling is It’s only emergencies currently.

The government advice is that if you cannot work from home (clearly not possible for the vast majority of tradesmen), then you can still work (whilst following social distancing/safe working practices).

From .gov.uk:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nationa...Y-w5T1v1B74ufHv9mwaAoVoEALw_wcB#going-to-work

Going to work
You may only leave your home for work if you cannot reasonably work from home.

Where people cannot work from home they should continue to travel to their workplace. This includes, but is not limited to, people who work in:

critical national infrastructure
construction
manufacturing
childcare or education
essential public services
This is essential to keeping the country operating and supporting sectors and employers.

Where it is necessary for you to work in other people’s homes - for example, for nannies, cleaners or tradespeople - you can do so.​

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here