Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Covers that are better than the original.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Just been getting back into some old stuff by Asia and found this track which I'd never heard before. Can't get this out of my head at the moment.

Then I find out it's not an original and the original is really good too. Normally I prefer the originals but this cover is (IMHO) superb. Another track that springs to mind is Mad World by Gary Jules.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Amy Winehouse's Valery. Thought it was rather good.

Also Leona Lewis covering Run by Snow Patrol

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Jimi Hendrix All along the Watchtower knocks Dylan's version into a cocked hat, not often anyone can do a Dylan song better than him

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'll probably get shot down for this, and I genuinely love the Kinks, but I prefer The Jam's version of David Watts, which takes it from Ray Davies flowery composition to something a bit edgier.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Wonderwall - Mike Flower Pop's is better than Oasis

Village Green Preservation Society - Kate Rusby is better than The Kinks

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
The Chase and Status cover of Foo fighters Rope for Radio 1's Live lounge was pretty good too

[yt]s2QZPnLMJcw&feature=related[/yt]

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Not better, but just as good ( IMO )

Roxy Music covered Lennons " Jealous Guy"
Also, Grace Jones version of "Walking in the Rain " was just as good as Flash and The Pans

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Bethnal's Baba O'Reilley is better than The Who's

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Fine young cannibals - Suspicious minds, Is it actually allowed to be better than Elvis?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Jimi Hendrix All along the Watchtower knocks Dylan's version into a cocked hat, not often anyone can do a Dylan song better than him
Agree but the Frijid Pink version of House of the Rising Sun is my top pick.Can't post a link-computer illiterate silver surfer!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Arguably Black Magic Woman by Santana is better than the Fleetwood Mac Peter Green version

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
The Clash cover of I fought the law blows the original & the cover of the original out of the water.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here