Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coventry sort of going into administration

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Local press reporting today that Coventry are close to agreeing a 3 year ground-share with Walsall whilst they build their new stadium in Coventry.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Local press reporting today that Coventry are close to agreeing a 3 year ground-share with Walsall whilst they build their new stadium in Coventry.

Any idea if this is just a bluff? What would the Richoh owners do with an empty stadium?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove

My Midland geography is a bit shaky but Coventy isn't particularly close to Walsall is it? Coventry is fair distance from Brum, and Walsall are North Brum aren't they? Covvers are in right old mess aren't they. Good luck to them.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I think Coventry is about 30 miles from Walsall, although the Banks's stadium does have excellent transport links being almost smack, bang in the middle of the M6.

According to a relative the rumours up there are the owners of the Ricoh would form a new club 'FC Coventry' to play at the Ricoh.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
According to a relative the rumours up there are the owners of the Ricoh would form a new club 'FC Coventry' to play at the Ricoh.

Given they'd have to start as non-league that's one hell of a stadium for a small team.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath

Holy sh*t! Is the fire-damaged Ricoh Arena beyond repair after the fire? With all the other football stories this seems to have gone under the radar. Very sad. I never got to that ground.

Sharing with Walsall is like Manchester United agreeing a deal to play at Blackburn Rovers. It has disaster written all over it.

Best of luck to Coventry. A decent and passionate set of fans.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Given they'd have to start as non-league that's one hell of a stadium for a small team.

I think with low ticket prices and the only team in Coventry they'd think they can start with audiences in four figures and as they climb the leagues they could certainly be getting five figure audiences for key games.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Holy sh*t! Is the fire-damaged Ricoh Arena beyond repair after the fire? With all the other football stories this seems to have gone under the radar. Very sad. I never got to that ground.

If you didn't know, it wasn't a fire.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here