Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coventry PITCH invasion

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Chris Wilder's post match comments are absolutely shameful, given the situation there.

Always like seeing ex Albion players doing well in management, especially in Wilder's case where he has done a fine job of showing up Adkins' incompetence, but his crass insensitivity here is really inexcusable.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Agree wtih you totally. It's a warning to those among the Albion fan base to think long and hard about thinking we would be better off with a 'rich foreign investor'. What's happened at Cov could also easily happen at Birmingham under their new hedge fund owners too.

It certainly could, and countless other clubs under foreign ownership too.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Heart goes out to Cov fans. I was up there recently and even all the pictures of players have been taken down in the corridor where you interview people, to be replaced by Wasps pictures.

It is their city, their club, and a rugby club with no association with either is now pulling all the strings on the stadium after buying their way in to the Ricoh operating company.

I was also there recently (on a non-match day) doing some work for Wasps. But for the sky blue seats, and the statue of Jimmy Hill, you wouldn't even know Coventry played there.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I heard Richard Keys on Talksport earlier and it soundef like the Coventry chairman had been on before him.

Keys was brilliant in both defending the actions of the Coventry fans and taking apart the case of the chairman and owners.

I'm no great Keys admirer but he went up a lot in my estimation.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
I was also there recently (on a non-match day) doing some work for Wasps. But for the sky blue seats, and the statue of Jimmy Hill, you wouldn't even know Coventry played there.

The Sky Blue seats are coming out!
Not sure of the timetable, probably at the end of the season, but I believe Wasps are putting in Black seats for next year (and probably a bit of yellow?)

Cov's agreement to use the stadium expires at the end of next season, and word on the street around here is that it won't be renewed.

The rumour is they might move to the Butts Arena, a ground that is currently used by the local Rugby Club, Coventry Bears, holds about 4,000 people on a good day, and makes the Checkatrade in Crawley look like Wembley in comparison.

Coventry City are teetering on the brink of oblivion right now, and SISU don't appear to care one little bit.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Heart goes out to Cov fans. I was up there recently and even all the pictures of players have been taken down in the corridor where you interview people, to be replaced by Wasps pictures.

It is their city, their club, and a rugby club with no association with either is now pulling all the strings on the stadium after buying their way in to the Ricoh operating company.

What makes this worse is that Coventry have a rugby team - it used to be a very good one, supplying a steady stream of players to the England team and one of the early members of the Premiership. So Wasps are not just supplanting a football team, they're supplanting a rugby team as well,

It's shameful behaviour all round

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here