Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
BRZByiECMAE05rS.jpg:large

sure this wasnt sri lanka?

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
Which would suggest that they either don't care about the future of the club as it stands, or that they've given up. I was interested to know if there has been an 'organised' boycott of games at Sixfields.

Apparently there was approximately ten supporters who boycotted the game having travelled to Northampton. They stood on the hill outside Sixfields to see the match (well half the pitch anyway)

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I was at Sixfields today for work, spoke to fans, manager, chief exec, etc, and I have to say it brought back a lot of very painful memories in so many ways, and not just the travelling - approx half the round-trip distance to Gillingham from Brighton.

There are many of the other elements that we faced in the 1990s. There is currently a bitter split among the fans, with the stayaways obviously in the huge majority. I'm sure many remember that when the protests started at Brighton some elements of the support did not feel it was the right thing to do, and wanted only to support the team. It is hard to be too harsh on them, as at the Goldstone they just want to support the players' efforts, as they always had. But at Brighton in the end even this group realised there were more important things at stake, like the future and existence of the club, and they joined the majority.

This is where Coventry are at the moment, and it is a very tough place to be. They are in inner turmoil, and many just looked bewildered though obviously being at Sixfields rather than the Ricoh, the ones I saw (apart from maybe a dozen campaigners who came down to try and persuade people going in, see banner earlier in thread) had made their decision to come after thinking it through. If I'm honest, I think they are misguided, but I know it is a horrible thing to be confronted with. I was sitting next to the guy doing the local radio phone-in and there were plenty of calls and tweets sent in from back in Coventry calling all those who went to Sixfields a disgrace, and calling then Judas figures, playing into Sisu's hands. It could get very unpleasant before it gets better.

My heart also went out to the players, and the manager Stephen Pressley. They had not even trained on the pitch before yesterday. And Pressley is in that place where he is a club employee and must toe some kind of line, just wants to do his job and get the best out of the players, and also does not want to alienate the hardcore support and missing 10,000 by saying or doing anything silly. Not easy.

Then there is the anger and blame, pretty evenly shared out at the moment against Sisu, Ricoh owners ACL, the Football League, and fans attending games.

The surreal nature of the day was only exacerbated by such an incredible match that meant so little.

rowtnorthstand

Nov 25, 2012
Shoreham By Sea
Alot of the drama that has/happening at Coventry is the local council, its their land the ground has been built on and are demanding alot of money for it for total rights, of course Sisu were not willing to pay. If you know Coventry as a city you'll know that it suffered heavily in the 70/80's etc sparking such hits from the Specials 'Ghost Town' A few years ago it picked up but after a recent visit alot of the shops are closed or replaced by 'poundshops'. shocking how quick it got back on its feet as it were but gone again, the Ricoh was built at a vibrant time for the city...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I was at Sixfields today for work, spoke to fans, manager, chief exec, etc, and I have to say it brought back a lot of very painful memories in so many ways, and not just the travelling - approx half the round-trip distance to Gillingham from Brighton.

There are many of the other elements that we faced in the 1990s. There is currently a bitter split among the fans, with the stayaways obviously in the huge majority. I'm sure many remember that when the protests started at Brighton some elements of the support did not feel it was the right thing to do, and wanted only to support the team. It is hard to be too harsh on them, as at the Goldstone they just want to support the players' efforts, as they always had. But at Brighton in the end even this group realised there were more important things at stake, like the future and existence of the club, and they joined the majority.

This is where Coventry are at the moment, and it is a very tough place to be. They are in inner turmoil, and many just looked bewildered though obviously being at Sixfields rather than the Ricoh, the ones I saw (apart from maybe a dozen campaigners who came down to try and persuade people going in, see banner earlier in thread) had made their decision to come after thinking it through. If I'm honest, I think they are misguided, but I know it is a horrible thing to be confronted with. I was sitting next to the guy doing the local radio phone-in and there were plenty of calls and tweets sent in from back in Coventry calling all those who went to Sixfields a disgrace, and calling then Judas figures, playing into Sisu's hands. It could get very unpleasant before it gets better.

My heart also went out to the players, and the manager Stephen Pressley. They had not even trained on the pitch before yesterday. And Pressley is in that place where he is a club employee and must toe some kind of line, just wants to do his job and get the best out of the players, and also does not want to alienate the hardcore support and missing 10,000 by saying or doing anything silly. Not easy.

Then there is the anger and blame, pretty evenly shared out at the moment against Sisu, Ricoh owners ACL, the Football League, and fans attending games.

The surreal nature of the day was only exacerbated by such an incredible match that meant so little.

Thank you for an excellent post.

Thank you for an excellent post.
Indeed. And it does us no harm to remember how we were once divided. Our campaigning not only had the effect of putting across the argument about what was going wrong, it had the effect of uniting the fans. And without that unity enduring for much longer than we ever realised would be necessary, we would never have got to Falmer.

Let's hope that Coventry City fans can unite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here