Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Court case involving Albion players - the (new) only thread allowed - ALL found NOT GUILTY

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They managed to find a jury for Ian Huntley and Peter Sutcliffe, I'm pretty sure they'll find one for 4 footballers no-one's ever heard of.

Indeed. In this day & age they'd have to exercise more media control than the Chinese government to prevent anybody being aware of any particular case. They have to accept that there are some things that will get out, and make sure the jurors understand their responsibility only to judge a case on the specific evidence in front of them.

Indeed. In this day & age they'd have to exercise more media control than the Chinese government to prevent anybody being aware of any particular case. They have to accept that there are some things that will get out, and make sure the jurors understand their responsibility only to judge a case on the specific evidence in front of them.
That's why it's important that the media (including NSC) only report on what is actually stated in court. That is stuff that is likely to be re-stated in any retrial, so the likelihood of prejudicing a future jury is small. Widespread wild speculation, on the other hand, can make it very difficult for a future jury to start their work with open minds.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
People do forget things as time passes anyway.

There's a pretty well known soap actor on trial at the moment for rape and other offences (not in any way shape or form connected to the Savile stuff), yet most people aren't even aware of it, despite it being quite well publicised at the time he was arrested. So it is possible for things that have been in the media to have been forgotten.

Slight edit: he's on trial in March, was in court this week for a PCM hearing.

****Don't name him on here by the way, as there are court restrictions on doing so. Ta ****

Last edited:

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα

There's a pretty well known soap actor on trial at the moment for rape and other offences (not in any way shape or form connected to the Savile stuff), yet most people aren't even aware of it, despite it being quite well publicised at the time he was arrested. So it is possible for things that have been in the media to have been forgotten.

It's very well know in Liverpool (where I work), they love that show up here!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Do they really? I'd have thought it would be more of a Southern thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Do they really? I'd have thought it would be more of a Southern thing.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
By the way, regarding my last: please don't anybody name him, there are court restrictions preventing the media from doing so, therefore it probably isn't helpful to do it on here.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
By the way, regarding my last: please don't anybody name him, there are court restrictions preventing the media from doing so, therefore it probably isn't helpful to do it on here.

I'd probably go back and edit that into the previous post, some people respond to each post as they read it rather than waiting until they've caught up on a thread before responding, so may post his name before getting to this post.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well known police drama? Looks like Alan Shearer.

Ah, now I understand what the previous poster meant when he said about Liverpool. You're talking about the guy who was in The Bill and Coronation Street- he can be named as there are no restrictions on that case.

I was talking about a different actor, in a completely different case, who can't be named.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Re: Court case involving Albion players - the (new) only thread allowed

Ah, now I understand what the previous poster meant when he said about Liverpool. You're talking about the guy who was in The Bill and Coronation Street- he can be named as there are no restrictions on that case.

I was talking about a different actor, in a completely different case, who can't be named.

Voldemort?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think they could, theoretically speaking (after all, if you had somebody up for murder, and months down the line, just before the retrial, somebody came forward who would be a cast-iron alibi for the defendant, it would be extremely questionable not to admit their evidence) but the validity and admissibility of their evidence would almost certainly be argued by the other side and possibly the judge.

you meen aleeebie

C/O Not the Nine O'clock News

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013

****Don't name him on here by the way, as there are court restrictions on doing so. Ta ****

Well any one on here who was not aware is now, well done you can now compare yourself to the daily mail.Did you have a reason for posting this by the way

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Is this the case where the alleged incident happened abroad?

- - - Updated - - -

Is this the case where the alleged incident happened abroad?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Where has it been confirmed there will be a retrial? The prosecutor stated he would be seeking a retrial but am not aware of any having been granted? All the comments in the press appear to relate to the prospect of a retrial and were reported on either the 7th or 8th Feb when the first trial ended. Nothing since.

As for the soap stars, there are two I believe under the spotlight. The main one was in the news yesterday and there are clearly no restrictions. Not sure about the second one who is no longer in the series and, in view of his exit storyline, will not be again.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

Are you sure about this? The Alan Shearer look a like Corrie actors name was quite clearly stated in the media when he was arrested and charged.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here