Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Couple of signings?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I do not think that the need for signings is urgent as I am sure that we can use this squad through to Jan and it is good enough, and then re assess the situation. If it becomes desperate I am sure that there will be players out of contract that we could sign after the window closes if needed to do a job.

This is foolish complacency personified. You want our club to play Russian roulette with our survival chances, then panic buy in January. You are a true master of post disaster! [emoji1782]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
1 plus young players to step up as they say cometh the hour cometh the man with the likes of Baluta and the young lad from Man City. I think that if played in their correct positions we have sufficient quality even as a strikers. I thought that the 25 man squad was named at the end of the first month so a couple of games for GP to assess the situation after the window closes.

2 out of 2 absolute ‘mare posts. Congratulations BG. You’ll be telling us Dunk is worth a packet of crisps and a Curly Wurly again soon! Comedy gold! [emoji846]

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I’m very confident that we’ll get a couple more players in before the window slams shut, but it won’t be quite the end of the world if we don’t.

- A defensively minded right back
Mr Balogun

- Centre forward
Mr Connolly

- Mobile defensive midfielder
Mr Băluță

Balogun is not a Potter player IMHO. Leon wants out too. Connolly not ready and needs a loan out. Băluță maybe?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
He's absolutely gash. His performance away at Huddersfield two years ago is honestly the worst football performance I have seen from a professional.

I was being polite :)

Don't remember him in the championship.! .. He had some great games for us.... maybe not an out and out full back but wing back? Yes please!

Really? He was awful a lot more than decent (at best) and can't remember a "good" game.

Nice hair though.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Need to get rid of

Balogun > defensive midfielder beast. Should just bid 20m for Phillips at Leeds or even hayden at Newcastle
Scheletto > mobile right back on loan like kyle Peters
Hemed > new striker like maupay

Was castigated questioning why we gave Hemed another year a few weeks back, and was advised that there would be a queue of Championship clubs lining up to buy him!

If there are, they better get on with it as currently the silence is deafening. Last thing we need is to send him on loan again as what was the point in another year's deal, or not using him ourselves.

I seriously hope there is currently a bun fight of clubs trying to sign him for a fee, but currently not even any rumours of any takers?

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I am quietly confident we will yet see a couple of players in. Hopefully not at the last minute!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I was being polite :)

Really? He was awful a lot more than decent (at best) and can't remember a "good" game.

Nice hair though.

Started poor against Huddersfield, albeit making his debut played out of position for just 45 mins, but was excellent against Chelsea where he played as a wing back, involved in all of our good stuff in that first half, should have had two penalties, then played well against Bournemouth, West ham, Swansea, arsenal, cup games, can't remember all of his games but was a fixture in the team before looking a bit tired and had a shocker against Palace and lost his place. I liked him, he'd be an exciting wing back in my less than humble opinion

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Started poor against Huddersfield, albeit making his debut played out of position for just 45 mins, but was excellent against Chelsea where he played as a wing back, involved in all of our good stuff in that first half, should have had two penalties, then played well against Bournemouth, West ham, Swansea, arsenal, cup games, can't remember all of his games but was a fixture in the team before looking a bit tired and had a shocker against Palace and lost his place. I liked him, he'd be an exciting wing back in my less than humble opinion

I am with you on this. As for that Huddersfield game when the team got played off the pitch by the Huddersfield press, it’s bizarre how Schelotto, making his debut out of position, is the one so many singled out :shrug:

I am hoping the Greyhound gets back to fitness as I think he is exactly the type of player Potter seems to like. Not sure that [MENTION=4934]One Teddy Maybank[/MENTION] will be as delighted though :smile:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
When is Schelotto back ? After seeing v Brum , reckon he would be ok.

Better than Montoya as a WB. ( although Montoya did crash a lovely shot off the bar )

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He's absolutely gash. His performance away at Huddersfield two years ago is honestly the worst football performance I have seen from a professional.

You clearly didn't see him at Anfield a few months later, he took gashness to a new level.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Should be some action in the next 48 hours..

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Would like to think we will see 3 in before the window shuts

End of the window is going to be carnage this season. So much money to be spent by a lot of teams.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Loving the opinions (apart from BG who remains safely on ignore for my own mental wellbeing). But we know so little about Potter that I don't see how any speculation about targets can be worth bothering. We may suddenly sign a centre forward, defensive midfielder and right back and ship two or three out on loan, or we may sign three totally different types of player and Potter shuffles the pack. We just need to wait and see at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here