Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Couple of changes maybe

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Not a moan about our lovely stadium but I noticed a couple of things that may imho do the club good if changed.
The Northstand maybe needs to be changed to a steep imposing Kop type stand it's just a bit too " flat " and small to make it threatening, if that's the right word. Plenty of room to do it if you look up and put the it's scoreboard in one of the corners.
Also changing the camera places completely so they face the huge West Stand including the managers dugout and tunnel etc.
And face the North Stand where the action and singing is and not a half empty away stand
Quite often on TV the ground looks half empty because of this.

Won't happen unless they can change the way the earth rotates around the sun.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Aren't there camera positions in all the stands already ?

The only place there isn't one is on the east pitch floor because there isn't the room to sink the camera position and also the LEDs determine where the cameras go so unless they move them to the west touchline the main cameras will always be on them from the west in any event.

I can't see TB making any major changes to the ground in the next 10 years and especially as all the money will come from TV if we make the prem.

Personally I think in a few years there will be a major change to TV and player wages - Ticket prices have reached their peak (i think) as the Liverpool protest shows, so much more and unless you are top of a league and stadiums are going to be half full - jeez there are empty seats at Arsenal even today - thats either rich season ticket holders who can't be bothered or an indication of high prices.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Make the changes and Increase the capacity when we get promoted. Another 5-10k then probably need to move to a new site for a 80k capacity stadium once we establish ourselves in the Prem and challenge for Europe. All pretty straightforward, realistic and achievable :D
That'll get the BBS retards lubing up.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I've heard this so many times. Don't think it's beyond the wit of man to make a door wider.

The outside doors maybe, but the vomitories would require major work.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Won't happen unless they can change the way the earth rotates around the sun.

Should be easy for a man of Tony Blooms wealth, I bet he's got a team researching it right now. It's where the budget for a striker keeps going.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here