Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***County Championship Division Two,Sussex Vs Worcester at Hove, June 2nd - 5th***

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
We're on our way...!!

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Not as bad as my feet, quads, shoulders, neck and right thumb feel, after the first game of the season, for said SUSSEX cricket club yesterday.

#FarTooOldToBeBowling13Overs.

I have a week to get ready for my first game having not played since last August, thankfully my filthy off spin is no longer required but I'm still expected to field, not looking forward to that; why can't I just bat? (and have a runner) :lolol:

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Oi, lay off him. I know his Mum, and he is Sussex through and through.

If you're sure, I'll stop badgering him. You'll be telling me he's from an illustrious line of sporting heroes next.

Not as bad as my feet, quads, shoulders, neck and right thumb feel, after the first game of the season, for said SUSSEX cricket club yesterday.

#FarTooOldToBeBowling13Overs.

What were your figures then? Did you rope in the kids?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If you're sure, I'll stop badgering him. You'll be telling me he's from an illustrious line of sporting heroes next.

What were your figures then? Did you rope in the kids?

They were dreadful. (In fact the first spell was something like 7 overs for 10 runs, but the second - pressed back into action in the absence of alternatives - six overs for 40!). The chap batting was GOOD though - I got off comparatively lightly!

(And to make up for it, I did come in at nine and top score :thumbsup: )

and you've reminded me to bounce my Parham thread. On it...

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
They were dreadful. (In fact the first spell was something like 7 overs for 10 runs, but the second - pressed back into action in the absence of alternatives - six overs for 40!). The chap batting was GOOD though - I got off comparatively lightly!

(And to make up for it, I did come in at nine and top score :thumbsup: )

and you've reminded me to bounce my Parham thread. On it...

Sounds like a reasonable day's work, all things considered. I remember playing a team from Portslade when I was 13 in the mid 1980s and they had a bowler called Percy. He got 9 wickets, but, hey, he couldn't get me out - someone else got me out. Lovely memories. I promised you a CD, didn't I? I can't find any CDRs though - bear with me...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here