Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] **County Championship Division Two, Derbyshire v Sussex at Derby, May 8-11**

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
:nono:

Doesn't look good for your boys, I've got a friend in Belper and he says it's biblical at the moment and seems to have set in for the day.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Well I think its was three records yesterday

Joyce highest first class score - 250

Highest any wicket stand v Derbyshire (home and away) - 310

and I think 3rd or 4th highest ever second wicket partnership - 310

Lets hope we get some play this afternoon

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
No play Tuesday due to rain :down:

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
3 days already this season lost to rain - will today be the forth. I hope not - we have a slim chance of bowling them out if we can get out there

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Looks like Adrian was being unduly pessimistic: sun's out and there's every prospect of some play. Big ask to bowl them out though.

Really can't understand the point of batting much past 400 on Monday, should have had a crack at them

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Looks like Adrian was being unduly pessimistic: sun's out and there's every prospect of some play. Big ask to bowl them out though.

Really can't understand the point of batting much past 400 on Monday, should have had a crack at them

Had it not rained yesterday and no play today they would probably have been able to bowl them out for a victory. So a big score was justified IMHO.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Had it not rained yesterday and no play today they would probably have been able to bowl them out for a victory. So a big score was justified IMHO.

But we knew there was going to be no play yesterday, the forecast was shocking. We were in no danger of losing so he had to go for the win. Really terrible captaincy

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Excellent. Chance for Brown and Finch to press on. What are people's thoughts on a good total to declare??

I see Sussex have declared. Thank God we chose to bat on for the final hour on Day 2, those extra 68 runs could be vital.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Interesting interview with Charlotte Edwards on the BBC site. I thought she'd retired from international cricket, I hadn't realised that Robbo had wielded the axe and sacked her.

Wonder if Sarah Taylor will take over, we need another Sussex captain

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Mark Davis reckoned we would have a chance to bowl them out if we got 60 overs

The weather has given us 50...5 in its going to be blocktastic

Derbyshire 191 & 13/0 (5 ov)

Sussex 468/5d

Derbyshire trail by 264 runs with 10 wickets remaining

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Billy Godleman and Chesney HAWKES have erected a very large STONE WALL. There's no way past.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Interesting interview with Charlotte Edwards on the BBC site. I thought she'd retired from international cricket, I hadn't realised that Robbo had wielded the axe and sacked her.

Wonder if Sarah Taylor will take over, we need another Sussex captain

Dominic Cork has just called it a shocking decision - especially not to have her as a player or coach/role model. Robbo has been bold but as they say live by the sword...

He needs to start winning big to defend this action.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here