Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Countdown to Star Wars

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Yep, that was fantastic. Laughed a couple of times (quietly, I'm British), but cried a lot more than I was expecting (yes, I may be British but I'm also a woos).

Loved it.

:thumbsup:

Glad I wasn't the only one!!!

Oh NO..............the trailers put a tear in my eye just out of anticipation.

I'm going to boo it, I just know it :facepalm:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Complete is a good way to describe it. It was well balanced even from the amount of CGI V real life effects (not sure how this should be described) and how seamlessly they worked together.

Going to go and see it again tomorrow

I think I might as well.

They have been very clever as well as you don't have to have seen any of the others to enjoy

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

I'm going to boo it, I just know it :facepalm:

Yep. You've no chance. You'll be in floods ;-)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The trailers? FFS, I didn't cry in the trailers, you need to man up.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The trailers? FFS, I didn't cry in the trailers, you need to man up.

Not full blown tears, just the emotion from the excitement.

If I DONT cry when I see it , I'm coming for you with so much abuse! :lol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No smut intended:
If I DONT cry when I see it , I'm coming for you with so much abuse! :lol:
:lol: I'll be waiting, but I won't hold my breath. Wife caught me putting a tissue to my eyes, and she laughed. That was maybe half way through, and it was a brief moment. But by the end I'd given up with tissues and my T shirt was wet :lol:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I think I might as well.

They have been very clever as well as you don't have to have seen any of the others to enjoy

A few people have asked me about that. There were so many nods and references to the old ones that i wasn't sure. The franchise is so ingrained in me I find it hard to conceive how it would play out without prior knowledge. My answer was that i thought it would still be excellent, especially with a passing interest in the originals. I really did enjoy the shots of the 'old' stuff though, i thought they played that part well.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Going to see it Monday. At 1 PM. Just dawned on me it is going to be RAMMED with school aged kids. Bad decision. Do any cinemas do an adults only screening ever?

It was originally written for nine year olds. Any how, would never happen in Germany.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A few people have asked me about that. There were so many nods and references to the old ones that i wasn't sure. The franchise is so ingrained in me I find it hard to conceive how it would play out without prior knowledge. My answer was that i thought it would still be excellent, especially with a passing interest in the originals. I really did enjoy the shots of the 'old' stuff though, i thought they played that part well.
I'm sure it's fine on it's own, but what's the point? If someone has no interest in the originals, why bother going to see this? If interested in seeing this one, they might as well see 4, 5 and 6 first.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Careful, sounds like some SPOILERS in there ???

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Fair point, I don't think it has ever crossed my mind that people haven't seen the orginal trilogy - I think you would have to be living under a rock if you didn't know who Darth was and that was the only one that matters I think.

There are nods - but some of them would just be neat anyway - I don't think it really matters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Dragged along by the other half!
Well my wife just got dragged along, and she liked it. But although she's not a fan of Star Wars, she has seen the originals.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Can someone explain to me why this: https://www.picturehouses.com/cinema/Duke_Of_Yorks/Whats_On has happened?

Okay its going to be on all the time at the Marina, but why has the Duke of Yorks given up on any kind of indie film and handed virtually all screen time to this behemoth Disney franchise? Surely its the antithesis of independent cinema.

Sorry if I sound a bit grumpy. I was never a Star Wars fan and was hoping to take the kids to see something for Christmas. I'm working hard to try to convince my youngest that 'Its A Wonderful Life' wouldn't be "boring," but am fighting a losing battle with the little cynic.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can someone explain to me why this: https://www.picturehouses.com/cinema/Duke_Of_Yorks/Whats_On has happened?

Okay its going to be on all the time at the Marina, but why has the Duke of Yorks given up on any kind of indie film and handed virtually all screen time to this behemoth Disney franchise? Surely its the antithesis of independent cinema.

Sorry if I sound a bit grumpy. I was never a Star Wars fan and was hoping to take the kids to see something for Christmas. I'm working hard to try to convince my youngest that 'Its A Wonderful Life' wouldn't be "boring," but am fighting a losing battle with the little cynic.
Much fear I sense in you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here