Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Give the prisoners bread and water I say. :jester:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
n1 gull said:
Its half the amount they spend on prison food - how f*cking wrong is that?

That's because they always end up throwing it at each other to divert the attention of prison guards when attempting to escape.

I saw it on a documentary on Prison Life called "Porridge".

Last edited:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
n1 gull said:
Its half the amount they spend on prison food - how f*cking wrong is that?

Yeah but they use prisoners as kitchen staff ... schools have to employ dinner ladies!!!

:rolleyes:

But total travesty all the same

37p - tin of baked beans and two slices of bread?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
On the Left Wing said:
Yeah but they use prisoners as kitchen staff ... schools have to employ dinner ladies!!!

:rolleyes:

But total travesty all the same

37p - tin of baked beans and two slices of bread?

I could do beans on toast for about 16p. Cheap beans are nicer than those over priced Heinz beans.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
If a school dinner costs 37p where is the the other £1.63 going that I pay for the childrens dinners.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Starry said:
If a school dinner costs 37p where is the the other £1.63 going that I pay for the childrens dinners.

To pay the fat overpaid dinner ladies, so they can drive their BMWs and Jags around and shop at Harvey Nic's

:dunce:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Presumably the idea is to make the food so crap, kids all take packed lunches at their own expense, thus saving the local authorities the cash.

Result- delinquent kids with the attention span of Wayne Rooney in a retirement home, hyped up on Sunny D, Dairylea Lunchables and Monster Munch.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
West Sussex County Council stopped providing hot meals for Primary school children several years ago.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
edna krabappel said:
Presumably the idea is to make the food so crap, kids all take packed lunches at their own expense, thus saving the local authorities the cash.

Result- delinquent kids with the attention span of Wayne Rooney in a retirement home, hyped up on Sunny D, Dairylea Lunchables and Monster Munch.

Didn't do you much harm EK ... though you do look rather yellow!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Titanic said:
West Sussex County Council stopped providing hot meals for Primary school children several years ago.

Still get them over in the east, my daughter enjoys hers, her school managed to equip their kitchen last summer to cook them onsite rather than shipping them in and re-heating.

She can have a jacket potato with various fillings if she doesn't fancy the days meal. All for 37p excellent value

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
If they're spending the 37p on food, and are getting it at the huge wholesale prices an entire county council's worth of schools can get them at, it'll get quite a lot

England is cheap for food anyway, and thats branded, packaged stuff. The schools will be using the cheapest whitebox crap they can.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Here's a novel idea. Why not send your kids to school with Sandwiches?

Cheaper than £2 and a damn sight better for you than 37p worth of crap.

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
I just bought a packet of Walkers Worcester Sauce flavour crisps for 10p - can think why it was so cheap - but I reckon, 3 bags each for lunch will sort them all!!! (and get ride of those nasty bags they dont want) and have 7p left for sweets.:shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here