Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could yesterdays win turn out to be the most important win in BHA history?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Absolutely NO. There have been dozens and dozens of important wins in the club's history. For example, if we hadn't won the plaoff final in Cardiff, then we wouldn't even be where we are now. "With due respect" (which really means "with no respect whatsoever"), a very silly question.

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
No otherwise it effectively means that there will no more important wins in the future.

History means looking backwards..

I didnt mean for ever and ever... but actually, if we won the Champions league, as a result of getting promoted this season, which may have hinged on this game then maybe there is still an argument for it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Pretty unlikely I'd think. If the question was 'Could the way in which the team turned things around yesterday show that the team spirit, tactics and determination are fantastic, and inspire the team to even greater belief and performances down the road, which might in turn help lead to promotion', then yes. But it won't be the only factor.

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
I'm not seeking attention, and although I'm being condescending it is with reason.

You are always seeking attention!! whenever I look on this forum

and condesecention is never an attractive feature even if you believe its justified.

I know what the question was, and the answer is no. As you've been told several times.

So you believe there is a definite objective answer to the question. And your answer is 'no' for you there are no subjective nuances, you say it... and thats all there is to it.

Philosophy obviously not your strong point... nor casual playfull banter.... with humourous comments revelling in an astounding victory.... no.. rather a chesthumping gorilla, giving it the 'I'm the man'

I understand the point you're making, but our team clearly already has a fantastic togetherness. As Stockdale says, they will lose at some point and they will be together then and ready to fight for a result in the next game. That was the case regardless of yesterday's result.

If you understand my point, why precede with the 'stupid post' comment?

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
This thread proves the panto season has started .....

and your post proves that grumpy old men dont like panto!

Quite sad that a little bit of exuberance over such an astounding win can be met with such derision from fellow Albion fans!

I now remember that most people on football forums on Sunday afternoons have very little going on in their real lives.. probably why they are mostly sad, grumply lonely losers.

I think I'll celibrate the win somewhere else!

Bye bye saddos!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Quite sad that a little bit of exuberance over such an astounding win can be met with such derision from fellow Albion fans!

I now remember that most people on football forums on Sunday afternoons have very little going on in their real lives.. probably why they are mostly sad, grumply lonely losers.

Bye bye saddos!

Why are you still online ? Nothing to do on a Sunday afternoon ?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Is this the most important win so far this season? may have been a better question to start a thread.

Bye bye saddos!

Well your little green light shows you are still here.

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Is this the most important win so far this season? may have been a better question to start a thread.

Yep. There's some ego's in this thread: perhaps the OP could have nuanced the question better, but there's some unnecessary spikiness towards the OP.

If this wonderful comeback yesterday gives us the heart and courage to tear up the next 4 games we could well be looking back at a tipping point yesterday to an extraordinary season.

Can we agree on that?

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Yep. There's some ego's in this thread: perhaps the OP could have nuanced the question better, but there's some unnecessary spikiness towards the OP.

If this wonderful comeback yesterday gives us the heart and courage to tear up the next 4 games we could well be looking back at a tipping point yesterday to an extraordinary season.

Can we agree on that?

My post about panto was banter! Awaiting for an "oh no it isn't."

Not saying it was good but I didn't mean to upset anyone.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is difficult to say whether or not it will turn out to be the most important but there can be no disputing the importance of it and the affect it had on the entire team to see them at the end of the game you would have thought that they had won a trophy not just this 1 game.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Sorry but you're being your usual condescending, argumentative for no reason, attention seeking self.

The question was 'Could' it turn out to be the most important game in BHAF history?
I argue it could.

Maybe you've never been involved in a collective long term endeavour with a team of players? (I get the feeling you wouldnt make a good team player!LOL)
But if you had, you might know that 'inside' a team, the collective confidence and unity that a comeback like that can produce can be a game changer.. long term.
Especially defending a record breaking unbeaten run.

Sorry didn't mean to upset or dampen any joy. It was a very good win!

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
1910 Stamford bridge 5th September, Charity shield final, Brighton 1 Aston Villa 0. This has to be seen as our greatest ever win.

We could've scored 5 that day too. Great day.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Sorry but you're being your usual condescending, argumentative for no reason, attention seeking self.

The question was 'Could' it turn out to be the most important game in BHAF history?
I argue it could.

Maybe you've never been involved in a collective long term endeavour with a team of players? (I get the feeling you wouldnt make a good team player!LOL)
But if you had, you might know that 'inside' a team, the collective confidence and unity that a comeback like that can produce can be a game changer.. long term.
Especially defending a record breaking unbeaten run.

Nope.

The existence of the club that was secured by Doncaster and Hereford eclipses anything else.

Playing in the Premier League means relatively little except money.

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
1910 Stamford bridge 5th September, Charity shield final, Brighton 1 Aston Villa 0. This has to be seen as our greatest ever win.

We could've scored 5 that day too. Great day.

That I never knew. And who says our trophy cabinet is empty??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here