Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Could We Survive On 33 Points?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It’s possible, but a) don’t really want to be playing Man City with a real threat of last-day relegation and b) won’t be coming on here fir a while if we’re on 33 with a game to go

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I was chatting to colleagues about this the other day, controversial I know but, I think any team that does not amass a point a game (38) by seasons end is simply not good enough and should be relegated, if five teams go down, so be it, five teams come up.
That’s my thoughts anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I was chatting to colleagues about this the other day, controversial I know but, I think any team that does not amass a point a game (38) by seasons end is simply not good enough and should be relegated, if five teams go down, so be it, five teams come up.

If you did that, you’d potentially have a shithouse team coming up as well.......could be 20 points or more off the top 2. Even Massive might have a chance at some point [emoji23][emoji23]

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
I would say no, particularly if we were to lose to Cardiff as they'd then only need one more win to usurp us in that scenario. Not losing to Cardiff and getting to 36 points should be enough though, either by beating them and then losing every other game or drawing and then winning a game/drawing two others.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

Nothing controversial about chatting about this to colleagues.....

In answer to the original question, I think a club which survives by such a small margin and with so few points would need a serious overhaul of playing staff in the Summer. Otherwise it would surely be heading for the Championship in the following season.

Last edited:

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Got a feeling Cardiff will win at Burnley and our last league win against Ballmuff was ........ er ahem 11 years ago!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Got a feeling Cardiff will win at Burnley and our last league win against Ballmuff was ........ er ahem 11 years ago!
Burnley could finish on 36 points if they lose, looking at their horrendous last 4 fixtures.

My guess is :

Burnley v Cardiff - draw
Albion v Bournemouth - draw

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Fixtures :lol:

Posts #22 & #40

Cardiff are making a real fight of it alas

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff are making a real fight of it alas

Would you expect less of a Warnock team? If we don’t win on Saturday it’s going to be a grim battle on Tuesday. With the extra three points from a win against Bournemouth, we could actually sit back and play for the draw against Cardiff though.......hoping for a breakaway, it’s the Hughton way.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Nothing controversial about chatting about this to colleagues.....

In answer to the original question, I think a club which survives by such a small margin and with so few points would need a serious overhaul of playing staff in the Summer. Otherwise it would surely be heading for the Championship in the following season.

indeed, its not just about the points for the season but the path of the team, are they improving? 40 points should remain a minimum target and given our fixtures a reasonable expectation. if we stay up on 33 pts we rely on the shitness of others, does not bode well for another season.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Fixtures, Odds and Points

Cardiff - 1/10 Odds - P 32 Pts 28

A Burnley
A Brighton
H Liverpool
A Fulham
H Palace
A Man Utd

v Albion on the 16th.
Need 2 more wins than Albion

Albion 16-1, P31 Pts 33

H Bournemouth
H Cardiff
A Wolves
A Spurs
H Newcastle
A Arsenal
H Man City

3 more points needed ?
Lose all of them but beat Cardiff and still might be enough.

Southampton 40 -1 P32 Pts 33

H Wolves
A Newcastle
A Watford
H Bournemouth
A West Ham
H Hudds

Newcastle 50- 1 P 33 Pts 35

A Leicester
H Southampton
A Brighton
H Liverpool
A Fulham

Burnley 5-1 P33 Pts 36

H Cardiff
A Chelsea
H Man City
A Everton
H Arsenal

Just 5 games left
Only Cardiff looks winnable ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If we stay up on 33 points we will be dead certs to go down next season without a MASSIVE change on and off the pitch

If we stay up with 33 , 36 , 40 points or 43 - we'll still be amongst the favourites to go down next season whatever happens (probably with Norwich, Burnley and Sheff United).
Leeds of course will not be - but then they won't go up anyway.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If we stay up on 33 points we will be dead certs to go down next season without a MASSIVE change on and off the pitch

Will those CHANGES happen after 65, 77 then 82 minutes, as per normal?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

If we stay up, the number of points we accrue this season will have absolutely no bearing on whether or not we go down next season.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Just 5 games left
Only Cardiff looks winnable ?

if Bournmouth and Newcastle arent considered winnable, we may as well give up. not how it works of course, knowing our luck/form, we'll draw a couple of the home games, lose a couple and get a draw and win away.

(sry, realise error of not reading whole post properly...)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here