Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could UKIP win the General Election ?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Not a 'debate' I started HG...but feel free to apologise.

Does it really matter any more who started the debate? This is pure vanity - whatever happens you or whoever must have the last word, and the rest of us have to put up with it. Your posts show that you are an intelligent person, when you put your mind to it, but you do let yourself down with constant battles with others.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Of course it doesnt matter. Nothing matters on an anonymous forum. However, if people want to thrown insults my way, ill send them back..but I wont be grizzling about it. Im not the only person in the 'constant battles', but im the only one mentioned for some reason :) I consider it a badge of honour now haha... I wasnt even going to come back to this thread, but somebody posted my name ..i responded.

Jan 30, 2008
Telling you you could of been stabbed.....AFTER you stood around like a **** for nothing is not a threat....you dozy prat.
Give it up, any credibility you ever had went down the toilet ages ago, your pathetic attempts to save face don't wash on here anymore, better to put your hands up and come clean , you know it makes sense
regards
DR

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Of course it doesnt matter. Nothing matters on an anonymous forum. However, if people want to thrown insults my way, ill send them back..but I wont be grizzling about it. Im not the only person in the 'constant battles', but im the only one mentioned for some reason :) I consider it a badge of honour now haha... I wasnt even going to come back to this thread, but somebody posted my name ..i responded.

Ok, you have had your say and responded, so now please leave, as you intended to; that way we can return to sensible debate and you can rejoice with your badge of honour. Fair exchange?

Jan 30, 2008
Ok, you have had your say and responded, so now please leave, as you intended to; that way we can return to sensible debate and you can rejoice with your badge of honour. Fair exchange?
He exchanged the UK for the Czech republic but still wants to tell us what we should be doing with our lives here then gets called out and shows his true colours
regards
DR

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Well, ive seen it all now. NSC's 'righties' making excuses for Hitler....

#overthetopdramaqueenalert

drama.png

D

Deleted member 22389

I see the price of our ferry tickets is probably going to have to rise thanks to these stupid EU emissions rules. Dover might survive but if prices have to rise on smaller routes like Newhaven to Dieppe, I could see that being the final nail in the coffin for this service.
At a time when the operators have decided to keep the route going for another year and add another ferry in the Summer, this EU crap doesn't help.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...y-ticket-up-50-due-to-EU-emissions-rules.html

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I see the price of our ferry tickets is probably going to have to rise thanks to these stupid EU emissions rules. Dover might survive but if prices have to rise on smaller routes like Newhaven to Dieppe, I could see that being the final nail in the coffin for this service.
At a time when the operators have decided to keep the route going for another year and add another ferry in the Summer, this EU crap doesn't help.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...y-ticket-up-50-due-to-EU-emissions-rules.html

Thanks for this and if you don't like the EU "meddling" as I suspect most people don't, then this gives you the ammunition you need! Whether the fare will rise by £50,00 as they say, is another matter; it might just force them to work more efficiently to absorb the costs - I don't know but am always that shade sceptical, when money is involved. You could argue that in this case, perhaps the EU has a point - if the fuel they use is dangerous to health, then shipping companies must presumably at the very least have had an inkling, but preferred to ignore it to avoid fitting expensive equipment which might have made inroads into their profit. It also begs the question why our Government has not made this stipulation.

D

Deleted member 22389

Oh no fancy the EU doing something about climate change.

What is it called these days global warming, climate change or global dimming or is the freak weather possibly down to activity with the Sun, I really don't know anymore.

Camicus

What is it called these days global warming, climate change or global dimming or is the freak weather possibly down to activity with the Sun, I really don't know anymore.
Why am I not surprised you are a climate change denier you just get more cliché with every comment. If the freak weather doesn't convince you I'm not sure what will

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Oh no fancy the EU doing something about climate change.

The EU could do much more for climate change if they stopped their own bandwagon upping sticks between Strasbourg and Brussels thus creating thousands of tonnes of CO2. But of course that wouldn't suit the corrupt little criminals would it.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Thanks for this and if you don't like the EU "meddling" as I suspect most people don't, then this gives you the ammunition you need! Whether the fare will rise by £50,00 as they say, is another matter; it might just force them to work more efficiently to absorb the costs - I don't know but am always that shade sceptical, when money is involved. You could argue that in this case, perhaps the EU has a point - if the fuel they use is dangerous to health, then shipping companies must presumably at the very least have had an inkling, but preferred to ignore it to avoid fitting expensive equipment which might have made inroads into their profit. It also begs the question why our Government has not made this stipulation.

You wouldn't believe the ecological nonsense shipping has to conform with. Your phrase preferred to ignore it implies a cavalier attitude that couldn't be further from the truth. The difficulty in retrofitting anti pollution equipment like ballast water treatment for example is that owners (often faceless investors) resist, not the ship operators. There are many interested parties in operating a ship, and it's generally not the real shipping people that will avoid issues like this. It's more likely your pension fund that will prevent stuff like this, not the people operating the ship itself.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here