Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could tonight be lowest league home attendance since Amex properly completed?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has our current form not inspired those who may have decided against renewing and those who only watch successful teams? I will be surprised even shocked if tonight is the lowest ever Amex crowd.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I may be imagining it but when we have lower gates the atmosphere is often better - it's like the support has been distilled or concentrated down to those who are the noisiest.

Hope there's a good vibe tonight because I imagine Rotherham will be on a damage limitation exercise and just trying to shut up shop. We need the players getting a boost from the stands, especially if (as I suspect) it's still goalless after 60 minutes.

I was tempted but not only will Rotherham be packing their defence but if we should go one up then its more than likely we will put another defender on so the chance of an entertaining match is not great.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I was tempted but not only will Rotherham be packing their defence but if we should go one up then its more than likely we will put another defender on so the chance of an entertaining match is not great.[/QUOT. But according E]

Are you sure?
2-0 and Zamora on :)

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Attendance 21,397 - the lowest league attendance at the Amex since April 21 2012 against Birmingham.

Maybe if we improve our form, the crowds will come back. :shrug:

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
Was very quiet at the Amex tonight, I could hear players shouting instructions to each other, don't usually hear that....

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Attendance 21,397 - the lowest league attendance at the Amex since April 21 2012 against Birmingham.

Maybe if we improve our form, the crowds will come back. :shrug:

Face it, nobody really likes a midweek game at the Amex, apart from those who can walk home or have a car parked. The post-match full-pelt running scramble in the dark for trains is nobody's idea of fun. If my kids were still little I wouldn't subject them to that.

leo.eyles

May 7, 2015
Face it, nobody really likes a midweek game at the Amex, apart from those who can walk home or have a car parked. The post-match full-pelt running scramble in the dark for trains is nobody's idea of fun. If my kids were still little I wouldn't subject them to that.
Straight after the game there was NO QUEUE for a train to Brighton.

Different matter going East with, as predicted above, Newhaven/Seaford melts blocking the platform and exacerbating the issues cauwed by delayed trains.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Different matter going East with, as predicted above, Newhaven/Seaford melts blocking the platform and exacerbating the issues cauwed by delayed trains.

I always feel deeply sorry for the folks going eastwards after a midweek game. Us lot going to Brighton get a couple of 8 carriage trains earlydoors, whereas the folks on the opposite platform get a crummy 3 or 4 carriage job as the first train home. I'd seriously suggest that anybody going east thinks about going into Brighton and doubling back.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Far less at I think the Millwall game last season. Now that was low. I expected a bit more tonight but we don't shift many match by match tickets. I think 1) they're slightly over priced and 2) there's always lots of STH seats going to friends - sometimes for free. Unfortunately that's the price we pay for being about the 12th highest or whatever it is now on ST sales. Again, we must remember the 9k extra seats we put in - in the original Amex that would have been a sell out ticket wise tonight...!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Was on the Lewes-bound platform before 10, the extra 'special' train was a few mins late but still back in Lewes well before 10.30 and home by 10.45

There was a complete ******** who'd not got on the previous train standing over the 'yellow line' who kicked off when he was asked to move along saying he was 'staying where he was because the last train left when it wasn't full' but he didn't get on the next Eastbourne train anyway meaning everyone else there had to fight their way round the obstinate tosser. Tw@t.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
As usual the first Eastbourne train left with loads of space in the rear two carriages, empty seats and no one standing.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Embarrassing nightmare on all fronts for Albion fans tonight.

Only just had the highest crowd in the Football League, only 5 points clear at the top of the second tier and no pies.

It always used to be much better than this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here