Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could the next two games define our season?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Performance is more important than a result for the next few games, it breeds confidence. Reading are a well organised side at this level and we traditionally don't do well against them. QPR are difficult to break down but aren't free scoring whereas Bolton are in a bad run so we have to kick them while their down. I don't think any side will give us a 'tonking' but until match fitness and confidence become second nature, we won't dish out a hammering either.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Performance is more important than a result for the next few games, it breeds confidence.

Personally, I think the opposite. If we lose the next few games, no matter how 'well' we've played, it's hard to see confidence breeding in such a case. If we get a few gritty wins under our belt, that will instill confidence. There can surely be no substitute for 3 points.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
We are handily placed at the moment, lose the next three and we could be in the drop zone so I think it's important to get something from these games without getting a couple of tonkings. Yes of course we could recover from that position but the chances are that we will have a clue as to how our season is likely to pan out after the next two or three games, obviously just IMO.

I think you can have a pretty crap start all the way up to January so long as the basics of the team and management are there. If a team/club is falling apart by xmas and is making management changes thats the time to worry. I'm not expecting us to move up the table till after Jan transfers

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Now that performance was very encouraging, shame we now lose Ulloa

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bolton's a worry. Traditionally we do absolute shite against teams at the bottom we could reasonably be expected to do well against. Then dullards come on here and say oh well it doesn't matter. Well it does. Its already happened this season with Millwall at the Amex. Like I say, Bolton's a worry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here