Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could Solly be our number 10?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Does the club actually have any interest in Dack, or is that just NSC rumour-mongering? Dack - if he is good enough to step up a division - would presumably be seen as a very attacking midfielder, almost as a number 10.

The idea of playing a very attacking goal scoring midfielder in that role behind a loan striker sounds OK to me - but isn't that what Richie Towell is supposed to be?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This from football rumours just hope there is some truth in it but wont hold my breath

27 Aug 2016 05:19:57
Brighton looking to add striker before transfer deadline day. sources inside the club suggests a club record bid for a young French striker is imminent.

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
If our search for a number 10 comes to nothing before the transfer window slams shut on Wednesday night, I wonder if the all but forgotten Solly March could play off the main striker?

Up to now a winger of course, but with the likes of Knockaert, Skalak, LuaLua, and Murphy all fighting for wide places, he may not get too much of a look in.

I think he could do very well playing in a more central position, has a cracking shot, (remember that goal against MK Dongs at the Amex last season?), and he seems to know where the goal is.

Any thoughts?

NO. Simple as. Next inane thread.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ideally for me we'd have Murray up front alone with Skalak on the right, March on the left and Knockers playing wherever the hell he wants to with Kayal and Stephens mopping up.

Seriously, look at this team and tell me there's a reason to think we can't win this league.

Stockdale
Bruno Dunk Goldson Rosenior
Skalak Stephens Kayal March
Knockaert
Murray​

We don't even need to sign anyone else to make this team happen. We'd then have all of this to bring in as the need strikes;

Maenpaa; Duffy, Hünemeier, Bong; Ince, Sidwell, Norwood, Murphy, LuaLua; Hemed, Hambo, Baldock

SQUAD :albion:

.....and still Richie Towell continues in his role as the Invisible Man!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think Kazenga Lualua should play there after getting the hang of the role for the Under 23 team in the League Cup and as an over age player in the Check-a-trade as well.

Lualua was seen actually running into space when ballooning the ball over from 6 yards. The big advantage Kazenga has is he can go either way, baffle the opponents (and team mates, and fans) cause he has the acceleration and can shoot with both feet. Acceleration, and shooting ability are important for the second striker.

Players that are strong on one foot (unless a real speed merchant) are much easier for a defender to stop or shepherd into cul-de-sacs.

Outside striker:

1) Oliver Burke
2) Ademola Lookman

No other known to be any better than we've already got within our wages limit.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think Kazenga Lualua should play there after getting he hang of the role for the Under 23 team in the League Cup and as an over age player in the Check-a-trade as well.

Lualua was seen actually running into space when ballooning the ball over from 6 yards. The big advantage Kazenga has is he can go either way, baffle the opponents (and team mates, and fans) cause he has the acceleration and can shoot with both feet. Acceleration, and shooting ability are important for the second striker.

Players that are strong on one foot (unless a real speed merchant) are much easier for a defender to stop or shepherd into cul-de-sacs.

I agree KLL should play that role but only for the U23s not in the first team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here