Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Could Brighton turn into a Spurs? Or Ajax?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Mr Berry posts on here I believe - what a hero - and what a moment that was. Was it £250k we won? He was a weird one though CKR as he went on to have a fairly decent career. I remember meeting him pissed up and him and Albert Jarrett were loving getting recognised… Ah Alby Jarrett - I used to get the train from Lewes to Preston Park with him several times - to games… madness we’ve just won the World Cup… 🤣💙
His Dad PM’d me abusively when I criticised him on here, we ended up chatting on PMs civily

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
His Dad PM’d me abusively when I criticised him on here, we ended up chatting on PMs civily
Icy and Berry - glad it was smoothied over…

Ok, ok I’m going… 🥃

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Afraid not - we’ll never be that big & consistent but that’s fine.

We’re in the best part of our history now - won’t last forever but we’re in good hands for the near future.

I remember buzzing when we spent £125k on Craig Davies and he scored on his debut wearing number 25 (I think)… man…
He did go on to better things, to be fair.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Your recruitment the past 5 years has been incredible.

Spurs got to 'big 6' status based on making really smart signings and good manager choices, there was no difference between them and the likes of West Ham and Newcastle until their recruitment took over (Bale, Modric, Poch, Eriksen etc). If Brighton keep on buying top talent cheap and flipping them, do you think you can eventually turn into a top 6 team?

Caicedo, Mc Allister, Adingra, Enciso, Buonanotte.. all incredibly talented and exciting.
I'm guessing you're oblivious to the history of both Spurs and Ajax!!

BrianSwan

Apr 15, 2012
bump! To prize away some of your players now will cost in the hundreds of millions, which would be respent on new talent!

Brighton really could break in with their clever dealings.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

We’re in the best part of our history now - won’t last forever but we’re in good hands for the near future.

I remember buzzing when we spent £125k on Craig Davies and he scored on his debut wearing number 25 (I think)… man…
Yeah, I think I’m on this page. Let’s enjoy the moment. Also, Ajax have always benefited from being a big fish in a small pond.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Your recruitment the past 5 years has been incredible.

Spurs got to 'big 6' status based on making really smart signings and good manager choices, there was no difference between them and the likes of West Ham and Newcastle until their recruitment took over (Bale, Modric, Poch, Eriksen etc). If Brighton keep on buying top talent cheap and flipping them, do you think you can eventually turn into a top 6 team?

Caicedo, Mc Allister, Adingra, Enciso, Buonanotte.. all incredibly talented and exciting.
Great Post.
I think we're well on our way to becoming a top 7 team.
This is provided we can keep our top talent, and of course Roberto De Zerbi.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset

I cant see why we cant be as big as anyone else , in fact we have ALL the necessary ingredients to become a monster of a team , we are just missing the finished versions .

eg :
We have the catchment area and a reasonable size fanbase , which will naturally grow with success .
We are in the Prem ! . And not going anywhere , except possibly Europe !
We are currently one of the most enjoyable teams to watch ( no matter who you support )
We will start if not already , attracting not just young guns but players in their late 20s of such high quality as DW and AL regularly .

And probably the biggest draw of all Tony Bloom and his reputation for standing by his managers and giving the backing needed . If there was one thing we don`t have is a big enough boat , we really needed the beautiful Lady to be a lot bigger for the future we are all talking about .

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Exactly, losing Winstanley, Ashworth & McCauley in a short space of time will be interesting to see if it continues
I’m hoping they were just staff. Talented staff, but staff nonetheless. I hope we’re building something bigger than just a team led by a few talented individuals.

Always more to do of course.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Being a top ten side with the occasional cup foray is setting up some incredible nose bleed inducing heights for us older generation...the chance to dip our toes into a european comp could cause a few heads to explode as well. Top ten is good and honest work. Top six is silly, entitled monopoly money
Older generation? I’m in my late twenties and grew up believing mid-table in The Championship would be wonderful!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I cant see why we cant be as big as anyone else , in fact we have ALL the necessary ingredients to become a monster of a team , we are just missing the finished versions .

eg :
We have the catchment area and a reasonable size fanbase , which will naturally grow with success .
We are in the Prem ! . And not going anywhere , except possibly Europe !
We are currently one of the most enjoyable teams to watch ( no matter who you support )
We will start if not already , attracting not just young guns but players in their late 20s of such high quality as DW and AL regularly .

And probably the biggest draw of all Tony Bloom and his reputation for standing by his managers and giving the backing needed . If there was one thing we don`t have is a big enough boat , we really needed the beautiful Lady to be a lot bigger for the future we are all talking about .
Because the EPL is brimming with financial cheats, the numbers are growing and the amounts involved are escalating.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here