Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could 2013/14 be CMS's season?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Ulloa, Barnes & Hoskins to start the season with CMS fit from late September.

Buckley, Kaz, Orlandi, and hopefully David to provide the bullets.

A lot of clubs would be very happy indeed with that level of talent and if we do play two up front you would expect us to score a fair number of goals next season.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Assuming he recovers well from his injury. We all know he can put the ball in the net. But the way GP insisted we played, clearly didn't suit his style. With an inevitable managerial change, could this be the turning point in CMS's Albion career? I think the new manager would be crazy to sell him if a bid came in. 2 wingers plus Ulloa + CMS could well be the winning formula...Under the right management!

Nope. He'll still be running around like Alex Ravell 2.0. Get rid.

shabba

Dec 22, 2004
Bookham
Assuming he recovers well from his injury. We all know he can put the ball in the net. But the way GP insisted we played, clearly didn't suit his style. With an inevitable managerial change, could this be the turning point in CMS's Albion career? I think the new manager would be crazy to sell him if a bid came in. 2 wingers plus Ulloa + CMS could well be the winning formula...Under the right management!

A good point! Unfortunately, I suspect there are few managers in the modern game would have the balls to play all four together, with the exception of Ossie Ardiles! Although my personal favorite for the job, Karl Robinson may do!

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
With out Hammond wandering about at whim, if he stays fit Crofty should get should play nearly every game next season.
I reckon it could be his season too

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I think he'd benefit from us playing slightly more direct at times during a game.

We have some great passers in the squad so a few longer through balls for him to chase down would suit his style of play better.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Darren Ferguson's record at Preston in the Championship, who as I remember were a half decent side..P 49, W 13 D 11 L 25.....26.53% Games won. Also filled the side with daddy's loan's, who daddy recalled the lot when he was sacked.....No thank's.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ulloa is exactly what the team needed.

The question is how well can the others be used?

We all know there are goals in all of them, except Hoskins (through no fault of his own).
Ulloa and CMS would seem, on paper at least, to be an idea partnership.
If they can get on the same wavelength they could rip any defense apart.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Apparently he won't be back for training until September time. That's only light training too.

Pretty sure that's just CMS. Hoskins should be back for next season IIRC.

It could be McSmudger's season if he gets transferred to a league 1 club...

Are you Mutts Nutts in disguise?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Who is our shooting/finishing coach at the moment?

Of course Gus scored quite a lot of goals in his career, but he was an attacking midfielder and I doubt he himself would have worked on technique with the players. Tanno was a defender so didn't score many. Charlie was the fight in the middle of midfield and wasn't exactly renowned for his prowess in front of goal.

When we get a new manager, hopefully he and TB will be able to get someone in who can help our strikers improve their finishing ability, especially young players like Barnes (who with some coaching could be quite prolific for us) and those in the development squad.

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
I made almost an identical post about a year ago..it seems We haven't got a proper attacking coaching set-up which is why when teams parked the bus we had no idea what to do and why it took over a whole season to get the best out of Macca before he got injured.

Maybe the next boss will be one or at least be clever enough to get one in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here