[News] Corrosive substance attack

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What a surprise. It was never going to be John Smith was it.

Very much a one off as far as I can see. The vast majority of these crimes are I believe committed by people within certain communities.

I was wondering about this as I don't hear too much about acid attacks, but it does seem to an increasing issue, which I wasn't aware of. Definitely a sickening crime, hope the people who carry these out get substantial jail time.

Doing a bit more research and it seems to be the case that, at least in Essex, the vast majority of these crimes are carried out by white males.

View attachment 174430
You can keep your so called 'research'. It's not needed, when its so much easier and quicker to just make things up to suit your prejudices.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Probably one of the worst crimes?

Cowardly, viscious and the victim doesn’t have a chance of fighting back.

And to attack children?

Catch him and put him away for life.
catch him and ….. I’ll delete what I wanted to say

and I’ll edit a second time to say that I’m getting absolutely sick of this wicked, horrible world. Everywhere you look you see little more than despair, hatefulness, cruelty, intolerance, greed, plain evilness, dilapidation, destruction. Brother turning on brother. Neighbour killing neighbour. Child murdering parent. Manipulation by leaders be they supposedly of faith or politics. Corruption, deceit and ….. oh f it all.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I was wondering about this as I don't hear too much about acid attacks, but it does seem to an increasing issue, which I wasn't aware of. Definitely a sickening crime, hope the people who carry these out get substantial jail time.

Doing a bit more research and it seems to be the case that, at least in Essex, the vast majority of these crimes are carried out by white males.

View attachment 174430

Across England and Wales, 82% of people identified with a White ethnic group, 9% with an Asian ethnic group, 4% with a Black ethnic group, 3% with Mixed or Multiple ethnic groups, and 2% with other ethnic groups

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Across England and Wales, 82% of people identified with a White ethnic group, 9% with an Asian ethnic group, 4% with a Black ethnic group, 3% with Mixed or Multiple ethnic groups, and 2% with other ethnic groups
Maybe the world could start to solve its ills if they all just king identified as human group and cobblers to all this I’m this I’m that.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Maybe the world could start to solve its ills if they all just king identified as human group and cobblers to all this I’m this I’m that.
That’s like asking everyone to support one team.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I don't think this country is shit at all. I've never felt like I've ever wanted to leave. Every society has its problems. I think we are quite fortunate really.
I very much agree with you.

Despite the the things that go wrong etc etc etc I think England is a wonderful country. Compared to many others around the world it is more civilised, more balanced and decent.

France has so many similar problems. The UK is not unique for problems...far from it. It's just the British in particular, like to run down their lives rather than enjoy the many , many positives.

I live in France. I miss England, but ( only just ) on balance I like the space here more as well as cheaper ( much cheaper ) housing....and the weather.

England is a great country.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I very much agree with you.

Despite the the things that go wrong etc etc etc I think England is a wonderful country. Compared to many others around the world it is more civilised, more balanced and decent.

France has so many similar problems. The UK is not unique for problems...far from it. It's just the British in particular, like to run down their lives rather than enjoy the many , many positives.

I live in France. I miss England, but ( only just ) on balance I like the space here more as well as cheaper ( much cheaper ) housing....and the weather.

England is a great country.
You have a decent rugby team too. Although your nearest cricket team might be a fair way... (I did once play near Bergerac)

Reactions: cjd

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
not really. There a whole world of difference beween a sporting affiliation than supporting a fellow human being
No. The original post wished for…oh, I can’t be bothered to explain…

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Of course. A cushy whole life term would be so much better. How much does that cost the taxpayer?
700 convictions and 246 jailed. Not murder or the like I grant you, but the Post Office scandal shows how easily innocent people can be wrongly judged. One death penalty wrongly applied is too many.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
The chemical attacks thing does worry me a bit, as they are so easy to get hold of, and can cause life ruining injuries.

I would suggest that they should only be sold in highly visible, instantly recognisable, dangerous chemical packaging - and transferring them to a different container and carrying them public should have carry the same sentences as carrying a fire arm.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Probably one of the worst crimes?

Cowardly, viscious and the victim doesn’t have a chance of fighting back.

And to attack children?

Catch him and put him away for life.
If this is an estranged partner, with the missus having fled the north east, then this is a systems fail.

And, yes, this is one of those I'd like to see dipped slowly into a vat of boiling oil. The vicious entitled prick.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Very much a one off as far as I can see. The vast majority of these crimes are I believe committed by people within certain communities.
Yes. As the data posted on this thread shows, it is white.

1706813603222.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports