[TV] Coronation 2023 ***Official Match Thread***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
It all seemed a total anachronism in today’s world … I don’t think the carpenter’s son from Nazareth would recognise all the pomp and circumstance and regalia, done in his name.
Still, the parade was worth seeing and it is mercifully over quite early so it need’nt spoil the whole day. I can watch the racing from Newmarket and the 2000 guineas later .

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit

Attachments

• 61lTK2YBmZS._AC_UY606_.jpg
    61lTK2YBmZS._AC_UY606_.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 23

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Driving rain and low cloud in Norfolk so no flyover for us - would have been nice to see a couple of WWII bombers flying over the house (not bothered about the other aircraft, F25s even F22s, Ospreys, Chinooks - they’re 2 a dozen in the skies here living near so many airbases!).

Restricted to choppers and Red Arrows now.

here they are: (chinook’s either side of I’m not sure what)
IMG_1254.jpeg

IMG_1263.jpeg

Last edited:

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
All these horses need a good gallop - the rain and breezy weather’s making them frisky - Even the 8 Albion players pulling the coach are coming up with some impressive counter attacking moves.

Here's a fact for you. The horses are kept in stables almost the whole of the day, facing a blank wall so they can't see each other. If they're lucky they get exercised by volunteers or out on duty and once a year go to Norfolk for their hols and a gallop on the beach.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It all seemed a total anachronism in today’s world … I don’t think the carpenter’s son from Nazareth would recognise all the pomp and circumstance and regalia, done in his name.
exactly. I didn’t watch it, but what I did see just made me feel angry or laugh. The bit where they put screens round him while he was anointed just seemed silly.

and how much did it all cost?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports