Deepest, darkest Sussex

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Sorry, it was a glib comment based on my previous post.

I mean that lots of Australians do not believe what happened is part of their history. They avoid responsibility by blaming everything on the Brits. Even though many atrocities were still happening well beyond Federation.

You should probably update your history then if you think the British influence stopped after 1901.

The Chief Protector of Aborigines role was created by the British in the 1830s and continued up until the start of WW2 in some states.

I mean Gallipoli is a prime example of the still strong British influence in the colony sending young Australians to the slaughter.

In WW2 they were still sending young Australians to the UK to defend the crown rather than stay home to defend our shores.

Rather than tell the story for how it really was. Stone Age tribes get supplanted by more advanced cultures they try to paint this romanticised story of the noble tribes being some how different to any other tribe that ever existed.

The same story that happened in Australia also happened in the British Isles to the tribes of people that preceded the tribe before them.

It happened all over the world.

Last edited:

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
They love their country.

They love it so much they’re prepared to turn it into a rubbish tip to show how much they love it.
There was an article in a newspaper (I think the Times) the other day with a load of photos of the crowds at the last coronation.
The amount of rubbish lying around was ridiculous (and was the main topic of conversation in the comments below, amongst the "everything used to be so much better" brigade that makes up most of the commentators).

South Oz Seagull

Jan 2, 2022
Norwood SA
Long way to go before Australia accepts and moves on from what happened. There is a large chunk of the country who dont see the atrocities as part of their history but all done by 'the British'. Then you have the quite insane argument made in the post you quoted.

Luckily many of us here are more supportive of trying to heal the rift and improve things for our indigenous people.

Long way to go yet though . . . Especially when. Indigenous voices are not listened to and dismissed as morons. How anyone can complain that the indigenous people are not the biggest fans of Britain and the monarchy is beyond me.

No just kindly remind them that the next person along may have killed them.

Maybe you should ask them to be less shrill and perhaps thank you for saving them from the other fella.
You are the first person on this shitty little forum that I would offic
If the cap fits and all that, and I'm pretty sure it's made to measure for you, judging by your subsequent responses.

As you mention education, you might want to check how to spell racist correctly. Surprised you got that one wrong really. I thought experience teaches wisdom, but clearly not in your case.

Anyway, I'll leave you to it. Seems my bingo card is already full and as someone once said... 'Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it'.

Just because you're a pedantic little man or girl doesn't give you intellectual superiority!

South Oz Seagull

Jan 2, 2022
Norwood SA
No just kindly remind them that the next person along may have killed them.

Maybe you should ask them to be less shrill and perhaps thank you for saving them from the other fella.

Not sure where you come from mate but where I live it's still a democracy and people have a right to express their views. You're the one thing in this little forum that I will happily put on ignore. If I met you in real life it would be short and sweet sunshine!

South Oz Seagull

Jan 2, 2022
Norwood SA
You should probably update your history then if you think the British influence stopped after 1901.

The Chief Protector of Aborigines role was created by the British in the 1830s and continued up until the start of WW2 in some states.

I mean Gallipoli is a prime example of the still strong British influence in the colony sending young Australians to the slaughter.

In WW2 they were still sending young Australians to the UK to defend the crown rather than stay home to defend our shores.

Rather than tell the story for how it really was. Stone Age tribes get supplanted by more advanced cultures they try to paint this romanticised story of the noble tribes being some how different to any other tribe that ever existed.

The same story that happened in Australia also happened in the British Isles to the tribes of people that preceded the tribe before them.

It happened all over the world.

Scumb*g....you're back and in a backhanded sort of way I think you're defending me! You'll probably disagree but unlike a lot of these turkeys it's good to know you have a few facts handy!

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Hi mate. Under siege from the Club, but doin' OK. Around here unless you tow the fashionable and rather naive line of the day, a bunch of old farts pretending to be young hip leftist libertarians will jump on ya and put the boots in! I suspect they find it a bit threatening.

:giggle:
Threatening? Are you for real? :ROFLMAO:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Not sure where you come from mate but where I live it's still a democracy and people have a right to express their views. You're the one thing in this little forum that I will happily put on ignore. If I met you in real life it would be short and sweet sunshine!
As long as they are not 'morons' or a 'shrill minority"?

Or

. . . threatening someone on a message board because their expressed views are at odds with your own.

Is this how they 'democratically' listen to others' views around your way?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hi mate. Under siege from the Club, but doin' OK. Around here unless you tow the fashionable and rather naive line of the day, a bunch of old farts pretending to be young hip leftist libertarians will jump on ya and put the boots in! I suspect they find it a bit threatening.

:giggle:
I asked you nicely but apparently you’re going to be the unbearable, loud pub bore, abusing anyone who orders their regular pint. Time for a short break away while you sober up.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here