Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Cormoran Strike

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Anyone else enjoying the new series of Strike?

Troubled Blood.

“Private Detective Cormoran Strike is visiting his family in Cornwall when he is approached by a woman asking for help finding her mother, Margot Bamborough—who went missing in mysterious circumstances in 1974. Strike has never tackled a cold case before, let alone one forty years old”.

I really enjoy these. I think Tom Burke and Holliday Grainger are great. The plot lines are always a little scant and a bit obvious at times.

JK Rowling is good at creating characters and atmosphere but not so good at story and she is a shameless “borrower” of ideas. However it works for me and I always look forward to another tv series of it.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yep, we have watched the first episode of the new series. The plots are good although a little incidental to what is basically a very well acted love story. Intro music is great as well which means I dont ‘skip intro.’

BrightonLoyal

Apr 1, 2020
This latest series was fantastic! Great ending too which most of these shows don’t ever have!! Really enjoyed it

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Love it but I know quite a few people who find it dull and slow so give up on it very quickly. Story lines can be a little suspect but the acting and chemistry between Strike and Robin is great, very believable characters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yep, we have watched the first episode of the new series. The plots are good although a little incidental to what is basically a very well acted love story. Intro music is great as well which means I dont ‘skip intro.’
Agreed re the music, I have tried to find it but have only found short excerpts.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Yeah, a nice light detective drama for a mid-winter's evening. I enjoy them, even though I prefer darker/grittier detective series, like the French Spiral and Scandi-noir. Of course, there is also the obvious will-they, won't-they, potential romance between the two lead characters, which adds to the enjoyment of the programme.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Watched all the other series and enjoying this one.
Nice to see Daniel Peacock in the latest episode, played the part well as the gangster type.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I've avoided this so far because I thought it was a gritty northern drama starring Sean Bean centred around the miners strike. I don't know why I thought this.
Anyways, it popped up on iPlayer last night and we gave it a go, seems ok.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Anyone else enjoying the new series of Strike?

Troubled Blood.

“Private Detective Cormoran Strike is visiting his family in Cornwall when he is approached by a woman asking for help finding her mother, Margot Bamborough—who went missing in mysterious circumstances in 1974. Strike has never tackled a cold case before, let alone one forty years old”.

I really enjoy these. I think Tom Burke and Holliday Grainger are great. The plot lines are always a little scant and a bit obvious at times.

JK Rowling is good at creating characters and atmosphere but not so good at story and she is a shameless “borrower” of ideas. However it works for me and I always look forward to another tv series of it.
Doh ..I saw it up come up on iPlayer yesterday and thought it was just repeats …I’ll have a gander after Morocco beat France this evening

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Finished watching last night, very enjoyable.

Will they be able to keep the will they won't they have a relationship going for as long as they did on Moonlighting with Maddie and David

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Downloaded all 4 episodes and binge watched with Mrs Earle who is in lust for Tom Burke! Excellent series again, although Mrs Earle was quick to point out Robin has been moved a bit more centre stage this time. It's called Strike, not Robin!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Finished watching last night, very enjoyable.

Will they be able to keep the will they won't they have a relationship going for as long as they did on Moonlighting with Maddie and David
I liked that he said what he said *avoiding spoilers*

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Watched all four episodes last night and the early hours of this morning in between trips to the loo…..think i caught a bit of a chill through not wrapping up sufficiently yesterday..very enjoyable …the program that is..not the other

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Amazed no-one’s mentioned the “other Robin” - Askwith.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here