Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coppell

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton
After speaking last night to someone, and Im not gonna say who, within the club, Dick Knight wants rid of Coppell now and really needs the money. It would seem that because of Readings high moral stance over the lose of their manager, Dick is able to negotiate a higher compensation package. This is whats causing the delay.
Apparently he has already lined up our new manager, or at least spoken to the person he wants to take over.
I don't know if this is just speculation, as I am not convinced even the players really know whats going on.
ooppps nearly gave away my source.

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm okay, its not david lee is it?

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Locky said:
After speaking last night to someone, and Im not gonna say who, within the club, Dick Knight wants rid of Coppell now and really needs the money. It would seem that because of Readings high moral stance over the lose of their manager, Dick is able to negotiate a higher compensation package. This is whats causing the delay.
Apparently he has already lined up our new manager, or at least spoken to the person he wants to take over.
I don't know if this is just speculation, as I am not convinced even the players really know whats going on.
ooppps nearly gave away my source.

Yer right !!

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
cotterell is going to tranmere so the papers say (sun)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
dannyboyseagull said:
cotterell is going to tranmere so the papers say (sun)

So there is a god after all.

Guess I owe those two Jehovah Witnesses who visited me yesterday an apology.

Robbo

Dick Knight holding out for more cash does make some kinda sense.

I personally cannot see SC turning the scumbags from reading down, so the fact that there is a delay could well be due to the compensation haggle.

This to me makes a lot more sense, as SC would have already made his mind up one way or the other, and as i say, i cannot see him turning mad-shit-ski down!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
This crap has already been posted somewhere else by a Reading fan. Not true. Although a playing source close to me said that DK has been talking to someone he has interviewed before.
If Reading can't confirm or deny Coppell then Coppell himself needs to release a press statment saying what he is going to do or at least what he is waiting for. I think he should say he is staying and squash all the rumors.

Compensation is normally sorted after a decision to appoint a manager is made.

Last edited:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
thought Cotterill was going to Tranmere

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Captain Sensible said:
This crap has already been posted somewhere else by a Reading fan. Not true. Although a playing source close to me said that DK has been talking to someone he has interviewed before.
If Reading can't confirm or deny Coppell then Coppell himself needs to release a press statment saying what he is going to do or at least what he is waiting for. I think he should say he is staying and squash all the rumors.

I'm fcuking bored with it all now.

They can all fcuk off-I'm off to do some work.

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Robert Lester Zamora said:
It's an intriguing post that's for sure.

QUESTION?

If say the compensation was very good (e.g. £200,000), and another manager was lined up (e.g. Iain Dowie)

Then....

Bearing in mind that Coppell's contract is only for one year, and considering that other job opportunities may arise over the remainder of this season, some of which may be tempting enough to Coppell to make him want to jump...

What would you do if you were in DK's shoes?

If I was DK, If SC stays I would get him on a longer contract, so that if he did leave we could demand more compensation. SC already knows DK would not stand in his way if he wanted to leave.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Good points on here - it must be tempting to say go and get Dowie in. But if he stays we get Falmer result soon and then we will be clearer on our future

Albionite83

Aug 27, 2003
In The Argus today, Ian Hart basically says Coppell is going because Albion (ie, Knight, presumably) seem more interested in negotiating compensation than persuading him to stay

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I think this says what a good businessman Dick Knight is.

He knows he cannot make SC stay so therefore he is sticking out to get the best possible deal for him in compensation.

He really has Madjeski over a barrell after all the hoohah he made about West Ham and their compensation.

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton
Yorkie said:
I think this says what a good businessman Dick Knight is.

He knows he cannot make SC stay so therefore he is sticking out to get the best possible deal for him in compensation.

He really has Madjeski over a barrell after all the hoohah he made about West Ham and their compensation.

Totally agree !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here