Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coppell

Albionite83

Aug 27, 2003
Sports Argus says Coppell "is still held in high esteem by Seagulls supporters".

I don't think that's true. Some of us never particularly liked the bloke and suspected he'd probably leave at the first opportunity. I'm sure he went down in the opinion of many others when he jumped ship.

Personally, I hope the Palace traitor gets a lot of stick from us at Reading.

P-A-L...

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I.N.D.R.O.M.E you could be right.:drink:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I thought he was a great manager but my opinion of him plummed to new depths when he left

Aug 21, 2003
birmingham
coppel did so much for us and nearly ensured our stay in div 1 last time around, and i'm sure we would of won the league last season if he had of stayed but he didn't and for that i no longer respect the dirty palace scum sucking traitor rat faced weasel

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
MidlandSeagull69 said:
coppel did so much for us and nearly ensured our stay in div 1 last time around, and i'm sure we would of won the league last season if he had of stayed but he didn't and for that i no longer respect the dirty palace scum sucking traitor rat faced weasel

my opinion would be of a simillar variety.:rolleyes:

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
He was one of the best managers we have had,and the players thought he was the dogs bollocks,plus he didnt want to go, and if DK had made a bit more of an effort to keep him instead of thinking about Compensation we would have been a far better team last year and would be on here now worrying about new players as SC would have had it all done and dusted by now!

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Can't understand this Coppell bashing at all.
Quality manager who used us as a stepping stone - just like what all the others who left us.
Live and let live :clap:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Charlies Shinpad said:
He was one of the best managers we have had,and the players thought he was the dogs bollocks,plus he didnt want to go, and if DK had made a bit more of an effort to keep him instead of thinking about Compensation we would have been a far better team last year and would be on here now worrying about new players as SC would have had it all done and dusted by now!

Don't be too sure.

Can I refer you to this conversation between Reading fans worried by their lack of transfers?
Madstad chat

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Tony Le Mesmer said:
Can't understand this Coppell bashing at all.
Quality manager who used us as a stepping stone - just like what all the others who left us.
Live and let live :clap:

Have to agree, if he kept us up he would have been an albion hero

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Ernest said:
He wasn't given a chance by Dick Tight :angry: :angry: :angry:

I can just visualise it. Dick driving Coppell up the M23 with him screaming to get out, saying please don't make me go. :eek:

Dick saying, you must go. You'll be in the top twenty of well paid managers in the country and I will get a few quid to spend.

Coppell's wage at Reading

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is rumoured that he wasn't forced to go, that would have been virtually impossible to implement, but ASKED because we needed the compensation money from Reading to pay DMH.

If at the end of the day we get Falmer as a result of paying DMH then it was a good move!!!

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
BensGrandad said:
It is rumoured that he wasn't forced to go, that would have been virtually impossible to implement, but ASKED because we needed the compensation money from Reading to pay DMH.

If at the end of the day we get Falmer as a result of paying DMH then it was a good move!!!

You dont know how close to the truth you are there!!

SC actually phoned a certain player telling him that he didnt want to go and was basically given no other option as DK and the rest of the board made no attempt to keep him here.
I know you are all going to say he jumped ship for the money,but it is a fact he is not money orientated and he wanted to stay here and take us thru to Falmer.

I posted a long thread about this on the day he left us for Reading and got severely slagged off but later when a few facts emerged it showed I was not to far off the mark.

Plus I have a very reliable source!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
CS

DK said he allowed Reading to talk to Coppout because he didn't want a manager here who didn't want to stay.

DK would not beg a manager to stay.

Try giving in your notice at work and see if your boss accepts it or begs you to stay.

Of course the compensation money helps but I don't think if Coppell had elected to stay with us (after two interviews at Reading) he would have been told 'We'd rather you went'

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Charlies Shinpad said:
You dont know how close to the truth you are there!!

SC actually phoned a certain player telling him that he didnt want to go and was basically given no other option as DK and the rest of the board made no attempt to keep him here.
I know you are all going to say he jumped ship for the money,but it is a fact he is not money orientated and he wanted to stay here and take us thru to Falmer.

I posted a long thread about this on the day he left us for Reading and got severely slagged off but later when a few facts emerged it showed I was not to far off the mark.

Plus I have a very reliable source!

I do agree with you,
he didnt seem to happy bout leaving plus he seems to always talking bout brighton.
I for one wont boo him and i think he did a great job at the club

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Yorkie said:
CS

DK said he allowed Reading to talk to Coppout because he didn't want a manager here who didn't want to stay.

DK would not beg a manager to stay.

Try giving in your notice at work and see if your boss accepts it or begs you to stay.

Of course the compensation money helps but I don't think if Coppell had elected to stay with us (after two interviews at Reading) he would have been told 'We'd rather you went'

Yorkie the fact is he did want to stay and that is the truth,I was round a certain players house when SC rang up and told the player this!

Who said DK begged him to stay?
I said DK and the board made no attempt to keep him,and again I will say he is not money motivated,but why stay somewhere where obviously they are more interested in Money than your ability as a manager?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here