Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coppell announced as new Reading manager ***Discuss it here***

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
Steve you were a great manager and we had a rollercoaster season under you last year. Sad to see you go, and I think you'll regret it eventually but good luck for the future.

34064 Fighter Command said:
Well whatever Palace fans might think, he most certainly won't be returning to Shitehurst Park.

I reckon we should get Brian Little, what's he up to these days ?

Bit of luck he's just come off the phone to Dick......errrrrrr

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Stoaty Ferret said:
Steve you were a great manager and we had a rollercoaster season under you last year. Sad to see you go, and I think you'll regret it eventually but good luck for the future.

Well said - agreed !

SiNZ

Oct 2, 2003
Bugger. I was just starting to convince myself he was going to stay as well.

I guess that's football and I'm not bitter. I won't be wishing him any ill; he did alright for us. I really hope Reading get relegated though. Well, not too bitter anyway.

Someone said Adams will probably be available again soon.... probably very true. Can't see him coming back to us though, probably be off to Tottenham or Leeds.

Anyway, do we know if the compensation of 230k is definite? Remarkably well negotiated if so. Wonder how much Fulham would want for Rehman......

I see Bob Booker has expressed an interest. All along, I've been asking if he would really be interested given that he didn't seem to be when Hinsh was appointed, so it's good to be corrected by the man himself. Not sure if he is the man for the permanent job, but would not be upset by his appointment. Third time lucky, perhaps? At least we know directly who he is, whereas Hinsh was much more behind the scenes and I don't really recall Wood being particularly visible before Nobby left.

DK seems to be making as much out of this as he can for the Falmer publicity. Excellent. The one good thing that we can get out of the manager merry-go-round is an increased public awareness of just how important Falmer is. Even if Coppell left for different reasons, it would be good PR to ask him to blame the Falmer situation!

Bye Steve. Next!

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
We all knew that he was only here short term. Until we get Falmer we will always be used by managers to show of their skills. For all his past problems he was doing well with us. I have no doubt that if he had stayed we would have gone up as champions.

The offical site is saying that the compastion package is bigger then the published one, so at least DK got a good deal out of it.

The one good thing to come out of this is that the situation with Falmer is once again in the spot light. JP cannot have failed to have seen and heard all the people saying that if we had Falmer........

We need to look ahead, let Coppel go and drown at Reading. This time next year we will be above them in the table, have another decent manger, Falmer will be in place and we will be laughing at them all.

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
It really is a bigger loss to us than losing Zamora.

I hope DK brings in someone with good contacts in the game.

I hate Reading & hope they get relegated now.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr.....................:angry:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
SC

:wave: :wave:

Thanks for the memories etc........

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Trying to find something clever to say, all I can come up with is whta a wanker he is

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Under Mr. Coppell the team have played some wonderful footbal. I hope Booker is the man to carry it on. It has to be his chance now...surley it's time for the appentice to be the master of his trade.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
dover97 said:
Under Mr. Coppell the team have played some wonderful footbal. I hope Booker is the man to carry it on. It has to be his chance now...surley it's time for the appentice to be the master of his trade.

hmm i wouldn't agree with that for the majority of this season!!

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
So Mr Charisma has gone, well what a surprise. Let's examine the records...

Mickey Adams..............3rd Division Championship
Adams/Peter Taylor.....2nd Division Championship
Hinshelwood................****
Coppell.........................Relegation from Div 1

Thanks for nothing. He won't go down in my hall of fame.

But his integrity is certainly shot through.

Fair play to Dick Knight for extracting £230,000 from Mr Tightwad Second hand car dealer syrup features.

No managers bigger than the club. Come on u seagulls!

indiana

Oct 3, 2003
Manchester
Hoddle's watched our team more than his own hasn't he?

I'm sure Qatar is less glamorous than the Withdean.

In my opion it's already a done deal.

Maybe he'll be able to get Paul Kitson back on a loan from R&D too!:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here