Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Copa America - Moises Caicedo

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm all for him and whilst he is young, expectations when he arrived were very high (Biss replacement was often mentioned). Of course we should give him a chance. Maybe the fact that the excitement and hype around him has cooled a little says more about us fans (new shiny objects to get excited about) than about him and his progress!!

Without any doubt

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
This is a player that was being tracked by numerous big teams and at one stage Man Utd were favourites to sign him. He’s a talent for 19 but like any 19 year old talent he’s going to need time to settle and be managed carefully. Mwepu has played Champions League games but admitted he was nervous at his first training session with us.
I hope we see Moises get some game time early in the season, although initially it may be a cup game.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm all for him and whilst he is young, expectations when he arrived were very high (Biss replacement was often mentioned). Of course we should give him a chance. Maybe the fact that the excitement and hype around him has cooled a little says more about us fans (new shiny objects to get excited about) than about him and his progress!!

Absolutely this.

It's classic fan behaviour. A young player with potential is signed, no ones ever seen him play but they buy into the hype and assume that he's definitely the next big thing.

The trouble is all the hype creates unrealistic expectations and when/if the player doesn't match them immediately they get dismissed as a failure and discarded.

There's a reason why there's hype around Caceido but he's just a kid. a kid that's come form a much lower level league and moved half way round the world in the middle of a global pandemic to a country, culture and language alien to him. He needs time. Luckily, if the fans have moved on to the next shiny object then he should be able to get it.

I don't expect him to play much of a part if any this season.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Lamptey was 19 last season and looked thre best right back in the world at times. If you are good enough...

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Lamptey was 19 last season and looked thre best right back in the world at times. If you are good enough...

As long as you are careful with the pressure put upon these young players Lampity was outstanding until his hamstring went pop

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here