Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] COP26: Just More Of The Same Hot Air?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I'd legislate building new homes only with solar panels and electric car charging points. Garages all to have electricity for charging points. Oh, and I'd ban charities from sticking endless non recyclable plastic bags through doors. I take clothes to my preferred charity shop. Oh, and places like Lloyd's Pharmacy using compostable plastic bags that I can't compost, instead of recyclable paper bags. Where I live, they can only go in household waste.
I'd ban deforestation now. 8 years is enough time to deforest the world, probably.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'd legislate building new homes only with solar panels and electric car charging points. Garages all to have electricity for charging points. Oh, and I'd ban charities from sticking endless non recyclable plastic bags through doors. I take clothes to my preferred charity shop. Oh, and places like Lloyd's Pharmacy using compostable plastic bags that I can't compost, instead of recyclable paper bags. Where I live, they can only go in household waste.
I'd ban deforestation now. 8 years is enough time to deforest the world, probably.

I think to stop deforestation we need to end our addiction to factory farming, breeding animals for human consumption looks dumber by the day

Good point on new homes. Insulation of existing homes still a huge thing in our leaky housing stock, seeing very little action from the government. One of the easiest ways to reduce energy demand, saves money too..

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I think to stop deforestation we need to end our addiction to factory farming, breeding animals for human consumption looks dumber by the day

Good point on new homes. Insulation of existing homes still a huge thing in our leaky housing stock, seeing very little action from the government. One of the easiest ways to reduce energy demand, saves money too..

Part of the reason I bought a new home 8 years ago is the insulation. If our 3 bed house needs heating, it goes on for about 15 minutes, then the house stays warm. Up till Eon went bust we only paid £63 a month, dual fuel. Octopus don't seem to know what to charge us yet.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Part of the reason I bought a new home 8 years ago is the insulation. If our 3 bed house needs heating, it goes on for about 15 minutes, then the house stays warm. Up till Eon went bust we only paid £63 a month, dual fuel. Octopus don't seem to know what to charge us yet.

A few years ago did an extension on the back of my house. Went for extra insulation on top of the building regs, its mid-Nov and almost no heating yet and round here its colder than balmy Brighton...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here