Cool kids of Brighton - what's cracking off on Thursday nights these days?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Cundle

May 22, 2008
Brighton
Myself and 5 mates from London are going to the darts next Thursday and we are looking to go out afterwards. It's been so long since I went "out out" in town let alone a "school" night I haven't a clue. Long gone are the days where you could just rock up to the escape for a guarenteed top night-showing my age oops. Any ideas?

Alan Cundle

May 22, 2008
Brighton
Cheers, where is new York disco? There are shall I say some over 35's in the party. We don't want to stand out too much but equally don't want to end up with the middle-aged "wannabees"

D

Deleted User X18H

I hear Rockin Bill is doing a Perry Como set at the Branch!

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Go to Honey, HseagullsH loves the gaff :lolol:

I challenge you to go 10 posts without quoting me or referring to me:lolol:

You should deffo get in Yates on West Street also!

Pints at £1.50, for the older gentlemen, and wall-to-wall tottie as it's student night!

Recommended :thumbsup:

Yates? Wouldn't be recommending that :blush:

I'd give West Street a miss in general...

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I used to be a big fan of the Honey Club on Thursday nights as they had some proper cheap deals, decent enough music (house) and plenty of lovely young ladies. I think it was a student night although they didn't discriminate against non students and really it just meant it was busy and cheap.

Just had a look and it seems essentially the same deal is in place although the music has gotten a bit shitter, however you have three rooms to choose from (RnB/Hip Hop, Indie and Classic House/Dance Anthems).

It all rather depends on what you want but for me I can't stand going anywhere that's half dead and in these penny pinching times a lot of places in town aren't as busy as they'd like to be during the week however the Honey always seems able to pull it off.

The place is a good size, tidy, nice sound system and caters to different people with the different music.

I would NOT go to Yates' as has been suggested above, the place is rotten, sticky, tatty and nasty.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Imagine yourself twenty years up the road!?

You'll be glad of £1.50 pints and teenage tottie :wink:

Btw Did you get in Craven Cottage last weekend?

:laugh: - Fair enough.

Yeah I did, got a ticket in the Home End, offered a Steward a £10 bung to 'throw' me in the Away End - he rejected..., I left on 70 minutes 'cos I was bored, and the gate by the Away End was open, so I ran into the Away End...

All that effort, for what was, one of the worst games I've ever seen.. :facepalm:.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I used to be a big fan of the Honey Club on Thursday nights as they had some proper cheap deals, decent enough music (house) and plenty of lovely young ladies. I think it was a student night although they didn't discriminate against non students and really it just meant it was busy and cheap.

Just had a look and it seems essentially the same deal is in place although the music has gotten a bit shitter, however you have three rooms to choose from (RnB/Hip Hop, Indie and Classic House/Dance Anthems).

It all rather depends on what you want but for me I can't stand going anywhere that's half dead and in these penny pinching times a lot of places in town aren't as busy as they'd like to be during the week however the Honey always seems able to pull it off.

The place is a good size, tidy, nice sound system and caters to different people with the different music.

I would NOT go to Yates' as has been suggested above, the place is rotten, sticky, tatty and nasty.

Sounds a bit like a night at the darts...

Oh...

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
:laugh: - Fair enough.

Yeah I did, got a ticket in the Home End, offered a Steward a £10 bung to 'throw' me in the Away End - he rejected..., I left on 70 minutes 'cos I was bored, and the gate by the Away End was open, so I ran into the Away End...

All that effort, for what was, one of the worst games I've ever seen.. :facepalm:.

I watched a bit of it on TV and it was pox tbh

I got my ticket for the Fulham - Juventus game today...

Hopefully there's something riding on the second leg to make it interesting, and BZ thrown in as well :smile:

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
Best nights on a thursday are as follows....

Thursday night fish fry at jam on middle street, ska bluebeat rock and roll

shameless at life pop night with chance to win £300

both nghts will be packed but very very young.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Fish Fry at Jam is the best night by a mile.

Student night at Honey is always hilarious and rammed, plus vodka's a quid so you're bound to enjoy yerself. First room is chart, second dodgy RnB, third "alternative" for the sort of people who think listening to Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana and Just a Day by Feeder are the equivalent of entire Tool albums on repeat.

Audio isn't doing indie on Thursdays anymore - they've just launched something else in place, think it's pop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports