Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cool bars in/near the lanes??

Jul 16, 2003
Sorry its not football related, but my boss (female mid 20's) is travelling to Brighton this weekend and asked if I knew of any cool bars/pubs near the lanes, or anywhere in central Brighton that would be good for her to go to - preferably with an older crowd.

Has anybody got any suggestions please??

Thank you.

Leo's Lounge is great and serves good cocktails. It's buzzing, but has an older crowd. Santa Fe is good, but expensive, as is Ha Ha's.

Went to the new bar Saqquira (was casa's) but bit posy for my liking.

If want a traditional pub to talk, Bath Arms or The Sussex.

I tend to go to the Coach House, but it's not a pre-club bar. It has 2 4 1 until 7pm, and is somewhere where you can have a chat. Nice place to sit outside if you can get a seat.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Coach House is a good shout.

Theres always the Hop Poles just down the road which is nice if a little hectic when busy.

Jul 6, 2003
don't tend to go into the centre much at weekends - too many Burberry caps for my liking theres a few a little way out of the centre that I'd recommend for mid twenties trednies

Freemasons can be good of a weekend

or for pricey cocktails, KOBA (not quite as far down western road - entrance next to waitrose), or Blanche House up in Adlington/ Adlingworth (?) Street in Kemptown

although for both of these there seems to be no pattern as to when its going to be packed on quiet

Last edited:

Jul 6, 2003
agree with Hop Poles for a more central boozer - forgetful - it's been a good few months since I wasn't in Hove or on the Beach

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
I like the Great Eastern for a nice vibe. :drink:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Though

A) I'm not sure why you are asking us this

and

B) Mid 20's Older crowd ?? :angry:

Redland, I went out clubbing on a Saturday night down the Beacch (cheesy 70's and 80's) and felt like I was the oldest person in the club. It wasn't very nice that I kept on bumping into my brothers friends, and they are all 17-18 yrs old!

I feel old!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
BrightonBird said:
Redland, I went out clubbing on a Saturday night down the Beacch (cheesy 70's and 80's) and felt like I was the oldest person in the club. It wasn't very nice that I kept on bumping into my brothers friends, and they are all 17-18 yrs old!

I feel old!

Theres no such thing as being too old BB, though i must admit since i hit my 30's i don't go to clubs too often (I also dispise dance music) though gigs I generally find are ageless and that suits me fine. Though saying that I shall be stepping out tomorrow night for a mates birthday, but we wont be going to the beach !!!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
the Great Eastern is a regular haunt of mine, had some very drunk nights in there. Probably seen you a few times redland.

The Eagle is nice but don't drink their Budvar, pretty much always flat, theri Kronenbourg is a good pint though. Across the road form there is the Basketmakers which has a good range of ale.

Blanche House has recently (couple of months ago)sacked its best cocktail barman (Barry) because they were losing money from expanding too quickly, still good though.

PLUG: The Greys on Southover Street is a graet boozer, superb atmosphere and fantastic food and music.
http://www.greyspub.com

:)

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
I love the Mash Tun on the edge of the North Laine. Small but perfectly formed. Not sure if your boss would like it though as I've had several lady friends hate it.

Philistines

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
if they want an upmarket boozer i'd recommend the eagle or maybe the dorset. if they want a little more "class" try browns.

personally i'm a little bored of brighton's trendy bars, they're a bit samey these days...

Cheshire Dolphin said:
I love the Mash Tun on the edge of the North Laine. Small but perfectly formed. Not sure if your boss would like it though as I've had several lady friends hate it.

Philistines

I don't like it. Last time I went in ther (about 3 years ago), it fall full of smelly people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here