Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cooking and Nostalgia

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Two unrelated questions/topics but I can't be arsed starting two different threads...

1) Cooking: if i boil a load of vegetables in the same pot(and water) I can then drink the water as a nutritious soup, right?

2) Nostalgia: I've just bought 'ten' by Pearl Jam. It's the first time I've ever owned it. I was 12 when it was released and was never a particularly big fan. I'm now listening to it and getting all nolstalgic about my school days. What's that about?!

Buttinhams

Be seeing you!
Apr 24, 2008
(1) Low nutritious content, but you will fart a lot, and your breath will smell
(2) You are getting old

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Shove some herbs in that bastard and you've got yourself a STOCK.

It's nostalgic because you absorped it through osmosis whilst knocking around Newman in the 90's. You're accessing remote, untouched memories and will soon begin to feel like you're going through puberty again. You're not old. (It is good isn't it.)

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
blend the veg and contents, eat as soup.

pearl jam.....couldnt even name/hum or sing a track.....so dont give a flying f***.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Make sure that one of the vegetables is an onion or leek, include a small faggot of herbs, and season well with salt and pepper... and Robert will be your mother's brother.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It's nostalgic because you absorped it through osmosis whilst knocking around Newman in the 90's. You're accessing remote, untouched memories and will soon begin to feel like you're going through puberty again. You're not old. (It is good isn't it.)

I reckon you might be right there matt. A whole FLOOD of old school memories came gushing into my brain...

It's not bad, a little lengthy perhaps.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here