Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Conway going to Blackburn!

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
:lolol:

I was thinking the same thing.

He'd be the best thing since sliced bread if he comes to us (at least until he puts in a below par performance or two), but "nothing special anyway" if we don't get him.

Witness the fickle response to his loan spell on here. Got to love football fans.

Haha. Pathetic isn't it.

Same as this Spanish Striker we maybe signing.

Way over the top creaming session over someone we know nothing about because he has a foreign name

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I've said all along he's not a patch on Buckley in terms of affecting a game. Diff players tho. Want both but not got the Conway love in after 2 or 3 good games IMO....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Conway is nothing more than a mediocre player with no pace, no tricks and only average delivery. Therefore, he's not a winger we should be trying to sign as he will rarely create goals or win us games. I'll be delighted if Blackburn sign him.

And unlike most people, I said that last week too.

I confirm u did say this - I said similar - prob is a lot of 'fans' focus on the last performance or two and not the bigger picture!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I confirm u did say this - I said similar - prob is a lot of 'fans' focus on the last performance or two and not the bigger picture!

Nail on head there.

I'll say the word again as I like how it sounds - Fickle.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Ha ha.
I know they arr interested but where does it say that he is signing for them?

Long day tomorrow. Think I'll just sit and wait.
Think we will bring in one winger - two if Buckley goes but that will only happen if we can get Carayole I think - he and Conway are very different types of player.
Rodriguez and maybe Baird......should be fun!

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Absolutely. He played 13 games for us and the only justification people have for signing him is that he was very good in the first half against Leicester. What about Ipswich where I genuinely thought he was one of the most ineffective, least interested players I have ever seen play for the Albion? Or Yeovil where he just humped it into the box high in the air and with zero pace time and again, despite being up against the worst team in the league?

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind whatsoever that starting Solly March in every one of our 20 remaining matches would be a far more productive plan than signing Conway.

I have strongly disagreed with you on some issues but I have to strongly agree here.

March needs to be brought to the fore more because he is a genuine talent

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I heard this as well, with the return of Orlandi, Solly March's impact and all transfer approaches for Buckley rejected Conway was deemed as not the right investment, but we will see.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I have strongly disagreed with you on some issues but I have to strongly agree here.

March needs to be brought to the fore more because he is a genuine talent

Stop being two faced

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Nail on head there.

I'll say the word again as I like how it sounds - Fickle.

I'd go as far as to say some of those losing face with Buckley etc r the same - watch last seasons DVD and see who the main man was for the first 20 or so games!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Conway is nothing more than a mediocre player with no pace, no tricks and only average delivery. Therefore, he's not a winger we should be trying to sign as he will rarely create goals or win us games. I'll be delighted if Blackburn sign him.

And unlike most people, I said that last week too.
I don't agree with that, his crossing was very good.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Buckley is a big worry, hasn't performed for a long time even before the injury, missing out on Conway means Carayol is an absolute MUST.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Absolutely. He played 13 games for us and the only justification people have for signing him is that he was very good in the first half against Leicester. What about Ipswich where I genuinely thought he was one of the most ineffective, least interested players I have ever seen play for the Albion? Or Yeovil where he just humped it into the box high in the air and with zero pace time and again, despite being up against the worst team in the league?

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind whatsoever that starting Solly March in every one of our 20 remaining matches would be a far more productive plan than signing Conway.
TSB wont agree with you he thinks Conway is the nuts.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
If we can't get Conway then we best keep Buckley. Our pitch is so big and meant for wingers and if we lose Buckley then we'd only have Lua Lua.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here