Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Conway back to best form [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Conway back to best form[/h] 5:00am Wednesday 23rd October 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2692985.jpg
Craig Conway stood out at Yeovil last Saturday
Albion*assistant Nathan Jones believes Craig Conway is on the brink of hitting peak form.
Conway, pictured below, had his best game in an Albion shirt in Saturday’s 0-0 draw at Yeovil.
The Scottish left-winger has been in and out of the starting line-up since signing from Cardiff on a 93-day loan last month but could get a run in the side now that Kazenga LuaLua has joined the long-term injured.
Jones reckons Conway is now nearing his best. Head coach Oscar Garcia’s No. 2 revealed to The Argus: “I was very instrumental in bringing him in. He is a player I like a lot. He is very pro-active, he trains well, he works hard.
“You know what you are going to get and I thought he was excellent (at Yeovil). He caused problems, produced enough quality for us to get on the end of, but we didn’t.”
Albion have also signed Leroy Lita on loan from Cardiff’s Welsh neighbours Swansea to boost their depleted strike force.
Jones said: “When you are trying to add to a good squad like ours you have got to bring in quality and quality is usually the Premier League.
“Any player who hasn’t played cannot then just come in and hit the ground running.
“The trouble is we are asking players to come in and really hit the ground running who haven’t played games in a side that is losing people through injury.
“So it will be a little while before they are really up to speed but Craig is getting there. He’s not far off.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here