Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Controversial Sanwiches

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Haslet good god.... my mum used to buy that for me when we didn’t have two pennies to rub together......

Its almost like a poor substitute for brawn (boiled pigs head) which my dear old nan used to make. I've developed a taste for it though. A bit like posh corned beef.

Where do you get your Haslet from? Might try it :) The cheese, bovril and pickled onions sounds interesting as well.

Tesco - the (unmanned) deli counter. They have it in those sealed packets, cheap as chalk. And yes, the cheese/Bovril/PO combo is a JOY.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Strong grated cheddar and lashings with lashings of Heinz Sandwich Spread :thumbsup:

And I recently recreated a toastie my mum used to make me when Breville toastie makers first appeared. Corned beef with crushed pineapple. Bloody lovely!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Granulated sugar sandwiches were my favourite as a kid.
Mashed banana and sugar.
Crisp sandwiches.
Treacle sandwiches.do they still do that Sandwich Spread thing - finely diced veg with salad cream?

This post was sponsored by Diabetes :lolol:

Has anyone ever had a fried bread sandwich? Proper fried bread, few slices of cheese with condiment of your choice, superb, sounds odd... but lovely.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Granulated sugar sandwiches were my favourite as a kid.
Caster sugar better!!

Mashed banana and sugar.
Does it need the sugar too? Don't think so, for me. Just mashed banana tasty though.

Crisp sandwiches.
Cheese and onion flavour only for me - Marmite or Brussels pate enhance the delight........ butter/marge needs to be spread pretty thick.

Treacle sandwiches.do they still do that Sandwich Spread thing - finely diced veg with salad cream?
Not sure about treacle sarnies ........ but I'll put Sandwich Spread on my next Asda order to see if they still do it - thanks for the reminder, pretty delish IIRC!

If you haven't already, suggest you try cheese and date. Unexpectedly yum!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
do they still do that Sandwich Spread thing - finely diced veg with salad cream?

........ but I'll put Sandwich Spread on my next Asda order to see if they still do it - thanks for the reminder, pretty delish IIRC!

Yes. Yes they do still make it. Love it (see post 42)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
One of my favourites is mashed potato, with lots of salt, black pepper and brown sauce on brown bread. Mrs Gwylan thinks it's disgusting (as did the ex Mrs G) but it's food for the gods

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Used to have white sugar sandwiches as a kid.

Looking back that just seems wrong.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Strong grated cheddar and lashings with lashings of Heinz Sandwich Spread :thumbsup:

And I recently recreated a toastie my mum used to make me when Breville toastie makers first appeared. Corned beef with crushed pineapple. Bloody lovely!

Sandwich spread/vomit in a jar.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Peanut butter is food of the devil to be avoided at all costs.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It's the only vaguely normal thing on here!

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Definitely mate, i eat fried eggs, hash browns and toast if I go to the cafe.
I did see cheese and HP Sauce mentioned, I’ve had this before.

I don’t like bananas so wouldn’t be anywhere near a sandwich with one in.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
When I was at Uni, I only had a couple of slices of bread and a Mars bar. I melted the Mars bar in the microwave and spread it between the two slices of bread.

Disgusting.

I also once put a few squares of Cadbury’s Dairy Milk in with the cheddar when making a cheese toastie.

Equally disgusting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here