Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Contenders?

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Not sure you can tell much after 5/6 games either way

Not sure judging away to the second best team is much of a guide either!
In the Albion's case (with 12 out of 15 points plus two big wins over the Red and Stripy Uniteds) our form over a calendar year puts us bang in contention. It's hard for us to process that, harder for opposing fans and impossible for the mainstream media.

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
Whilst there are 3 sides that seem more likely to win it than us, and 1 of those most likely of all, I would rate our own chances better than that.
We could have won the league last season, we just had to beat 5 sides that the league table tells us we were better than.

If we had won home and away v Villa, Forest, Tottenham, Brentford, and Fulham, with all other results remaining the same, we would have had 90 points and won the league by one point from Man City.
This is the key question for me. We can beat the teams in the relegation scrap that just don't have enough quality players. (Luton, Wolves) We can (sometimes) beat the teams at the top that try to outplay us. (Newcastle, Man Utd) But are we going to struggle again with the teams in the middle, that are capable of disciplined defending for 90 minutes, clinical enough to score breakaway goals, and pragmatic enough to make that their game plan against us? (West Ham)

It won't surprise me at all if we drop points to the likes of Villa, Brentford and Fulham again. If we can find a way to win those games then we must have a chance of Champions League qualification.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
This is the key question for me. We can beat the teams in the relegation scrap that just don't have enough quality players. (Luton, Wolves) We can (sometimes) beat the teams at the top that try to outplay us. (Newcastle, Man Utd) But are we going to struggle again with the teams in the middle, that are capable of disciplined defending for 90 minutes, clinical enough to score breakaway goals, and pragmatic enough to make that their game plan against us? (West Ham)

It won't surprise me at all if we drop points to the likes of Villa, Brentford and Fulham again. If we can find a way to win those games then we must have a chance of Champions League qualification.
I think Brentford will be tough again, but we will have more joy from Villa and Fulham.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
In the Albion's case (with 12 out of 15 points plus two big wins over the Red and Stripy Uniteds) our form over a calendar year puts us bang in contention. It's hard for us to process that, harder for opposing fans and impossible for the mainstream media.
I am not sure which mainstream media you are referring to? They have been glowing over RDZ brightons result and style

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here