Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Contenders?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I’ve heard this a couple of times from non Albion supporters in the pub today...

Well are we? ???

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Burn them..!
Tbf, they were Chelsea fans, so they know jack shit! One things for sure though, they are terrified of us atm.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Nobody will want to play us home or away. I think we could do very well this season based on our squad, manager and start. Big ask to win it but Leicester did - so why not us?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can't see it, given that we would probably need 95 points to finish ahead of City.
When you put it like that, that's about 30 points more than we've ever won at this level, isn't it? :lolol:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Better than every team in the league apart from Liverpool and Man City. Third is the highest we can hope for. But let’s see how we cope with Europa league games as well. Wheels could easily fall off during that spell.
They could indeed. However, I think we proved with yesterday’s starting eleven that we have strength in depth.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
The same teams as last year are showing fragility again, albeit spurs and Liverpool picking up points. We're top 6 contenders again on this basis.

Think at some point the loss of Mac and Caicedos physically and defensive capability will show, but I hope not.

Just enjoying the ride!

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
A couple of Arsenal mates have turned into commplete insufferable twonks, simply because they scraped a 1-0 at one of the worst teams in the league. They are all billy big bollocks about how they are fighting for the title with city, and how wonderful they are, and everyone else should just accept it

Id hate for our fan base to become like that, Ive yet to see anyone get too carried away, but if we get a couple more wins then I expect a few to start with the well Leicster did it" argument

We arent contenders for the title, we are possible contenders for 4th to 7th, IF we dont get any more major injury concerns. Our squad is much stronger than we've ever had but we are no where near the strength required to win the league. Europe will take its toll, and personally I think we can hope for a reasonable Eurpe campaign, get out of the group, and finish sommwhere around 7th in the league. I think Id be happy with that.

To be proper contenders would be fantastic, but for us to do that will take a couple more years of building the squad season by season abd contnuing getting better and better, but lets not start to think we are there yet

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
As has already been said we can beat anyone on our day. Unfortunatley we can be beaten by anyone on the day. So who knows and that is what makes it great about supporting Brighton at this moment in time. Enjoy. Yes we can!

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
A couple of Arsenal mates have turned into commplete insufferable twonks, simply because they scraped a 1-0 at one of the worst teams in the league. They are all billy big bollocks about how they are fighting for the title with city, and how wonderful they are, and everyone else should just accept it

I thought that Arsenal have looked poor this season tbh. I’d be surprised if they challenge again this year.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Leicester winning the title was somehow both the best and worst thing that could have happened for a club like us :lolol:

We've played five games, folks, winning four (and alright, we should have won the fifth). Mostly against teams we'dexpect to beat (Luton, Wolves, United). It's not the first time we've started a season well at this level. We have some tough fixtures to come, either against good teams or bogey teams, plus if my memory serves me correctly, October isn't usually a great month for us, for whatever weird reason.

Let's meet again and reassess on 1st November:)

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I'd love to think we have a chance but sadly I think the chances are close to zero.

We've had an incredible start yet we're still 5th which gives an indication of how close to perfect you need to be to challenge at the top end of this division.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here