Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Conte WOW

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’m in, where do I get it done? (Assuming it’s not a wig, then I’m OUT)
Ah, transplants. The hair has to come from somewhere, and most of our hair is, ahem, curly. So the back of his head almost to the top of his ears, is now almost certainly bald. In a strong wind, he looks like a freak.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They allegedly came in twice for Potter, he obviously turned them down. They won’t be offering a £60m contract and RDZ will, I suspect, laugh off any approach. There is such a huge difference in working for Bloom instead of Levy, he’ll understand.
Or put it another way, it may be better to stick in a job where he smells of roses for a while longer, because anyone going to Spuds without securing a reputation beforehand, no matter how high the financial 'compensation', is going to end up smelling of dogshit, and only those with some sort of proper prior success (cups, leagues) will be able to rinse themselves sufficiently effectively to repeat at another 'big'(ish) club.

Spurs are not here to win anything, just generate income. The Newcastle (under their former owner - and wasn't he Spuds fan?) of the South. With a nicer stadium and a slightly better class of fat lad and lass.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ah, transplants. The hair has to come from somewhere, and most of our hair is, ahem, curly. So the back of his head almost to the top of his ears, is now almost certainly bald. In a strong wind, he looks like a freak.
I take it yours went badly? Sorry to hear that :smile:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Or put it another way, it may be better to stick in a job where he smells of roses for a while longer, because anyone going to Spuds without securing a reputation beforehand, no matter how high the financial 'compensation', is going to end up smelling of dogshit, and only those with some sort of proper prior success (cups, leagues) will be able to rinse themselves sufficiently effectively to repeat at another 'big'(ish) club.

Spurs are not here to win anything, just generate income. The Newcastle (under their former owner - and wasn't he Spuds fan?) of the South. With a nicer stadium and a slightly better class of fat lad and lass.
Nah, Ashley is not a Spurs fan!

Speaking in an interview with Sky Sports in 2017, he said: “My earliest football memory was probably the school that I went to was famous because Peter Osgood went to that particular school, so that is my earliest memories of the importance of football.

“If you come from a little place called Burnham, which is near Slough, the nearest club is Chelsea. So you have the geographical influence and the Peter Osgood influence.”

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patreon
Oct 20, 2022
Speaking in an interview with Sky Sports in 2017, he said: “My earliest football memory was probably the school that I went to was famous because Peter Osgood went to that particular school, so that is my earliest memories of the importance of football.
wow that blew in a blast from the past!

My earliest football memory and my earliest memories of the importance of football was discovering my Dad had another life outside of my small world where I wasn’t the epicentre of it - it was the first time he had taken me to Stamford bridge at the age of 4 which happen to coincide with a 17 year old Peter Osgood scoring his first goal for Chelsea in his debut league cup match against Workington - well I remember the name, I did forever, because this man, this young CF had made my Dad look like the happiest man alive that day and from that day on, football was the way I got to share in my Dad’s happy place - it created a lifelong bond that was never broken until the day he died and I followed him (figuratively) all the way to Brighton and the Goldstone when we moved from London when I was 7. I developed my own memories as a Brighton fan but even years later when I had grown up and moved away, when my Dad bought me WC tickets for the Stade de Paris in 1996, and we travelled together, stayed in a hotel and we went drinking in the Champs Elysees, that bond that had formed one December afternoon at Stamford Bridge 32 years earlier was still rock solid.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here