Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Conte WOW

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yes I agree. I also think that Bielsa would be an interesting appointment for them next season.
It would certainly be interesting and not necessarily a poor choice... but the guy is 68 at the start of the next season. Appointing him would indicate that they still really have no clue how they're going to build something that can challenge fot titles in 4-5 years.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It would certainly be interesting and not necessarily a poor choice... but the guy is 68 at the start of the next season. Appointing him would indicate that they still really have no clue how they're going to build something that can challenge fot titles in 4-5 years.

Very true, didn't realise he was that old.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Not sure I pay much I pay much attention to someone who is so insecure within themselves they need to buy a wig or have a hair transplant.
he is hair today gone tomorrow now surly

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Spurs' records in the last 3 decades is f ing appalling. To always be classed as top 4 but have nothing to show for it except a nice stadium and a cheese room.

Conte is absolutely right... tottenham is a mess and lack passion. He may have ended his managerial career at spurs but i am glad he said what he did. There is a fundamental issue there and i believe that is Levy however he does still put his hand in his pocket. The managers over the last few years have been some of of the best there are and still no trophies.

For me there was a defining moment at spurs. After the champions league final they should have strengthened and spent and challenged. Poch got a 2nd and 3rd league finish but instead they didn't buy and Poch eventually got sacked... that's where this shit storm started.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well worth a watch.
The Gaffa is a tad upset.

I can see De Zerbi saying much the same if a similar situation arose at any club he was at :shrug:

Conte is not wrong, everyone knows and has been saying that Spurs are underperforming

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I can see De Zerbi saying much the same if a similar situation arose at any club he was at :shrug:

Conte is not wrong, everyone knows and has been saying that Spurs are underperforming
He’s not wrong per say but that doesn’t make it alright to talk like this does it?

If we lose today and our defenders have a nightmare you wouldn’t expect RDZ to come out and say Dunk was a donkey, Colwill was f**king useless and Estupinan played like a blind man and that our club has a loser mentality.

All could be true and you might think it internally but you don’t say it in public.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He’s not wrong per say but that doesn’t make it alright to talk like this does it?

If we lose today and our defenders have a nightmare you wouldn’t expect RDZ to come out and say Dunk was a donkey, Colwill was f**king useless and Estupinan played like a blind man and that our club has a loser mentality.

All could be true and you might think it internally but you don’t say it in public.
After more than half a season of it I would expect him to say it. My only reservation is that it would be wrong to call out Bloom but calling out Levy may make sense if he no longer cares about getting sacked.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory Tantrum GIF

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One question re Spurs:-

Why does this all always land on Levy?

Posters are even writing about Levy spending the money.

Levy is just Barbie at another club, we'd never be critical of Barber not splashing the cash.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Levy is just Barbie at another club, we'd never be critical of Barber not splashing the cash.
He's the chairman and owns (family) 29%

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

Levy owns about 30% of Spurs, so not just like Barbs at all.

Spurs is very well run on the commercial side. That means less frivolous spending on players & wages.

Fans don't like it, so they'd obviously prefer an insolvent club...

(Some middle ground is also available, obvs, but that is t the modern way)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not sure I pay much I pay much attention to someone who is so insecure within themselves they need to buy a wig or have a hair transplant.
he is hair today gone tomorrow now surly
You must hang on my every word.
What with me being the only poster with phenomenal hair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here