Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Consumer and legal advice needed.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
The 15gb was for my dongle on my laptop. My phone is PAYG with another company. So renewing the contract came at a cost of an added mobile phone contract and sim. Was not given the option of just one, said they could't do it.

That seems perfectly reasonable. The retailer was up front with you saying they could supply the airtime contract for the dongle but only if you also took out the phone contract. Just because other retailers offer the same contracts separately doesn't mean that the shop you bought them from are also obliged to.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The 15gb was for my dongle on my laptop. My phone is PAYG with another company. So renewing the contract came at a cost of an added mobile phone contract and sim. Was not given the option of just one, said they could't do it.

that makes more sence now. though they may say they gave you the best deal they have, by signing up to one you get a package discount on other. though im sure you have a cool off period for the contract regardless of if its in the shop. bad news is it may be 14 days.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I agree with what you say and thought it may be a case of bundling except I have seen similar separate but not any type of bundles offered. I dont even know if the sim will work in my phone because I haven't opened it.

How can it be fraud if you don't even know if it works?

If you are paying by debit /credit card you have buyer protection from Visa/Mastercard as well as consumer protection laws if they don't provide the service as described
It seems that you are suspicious after the event without any clear reason. You chose to go into the shop and sign the deals. Have you tried contacting them and asking to cancel? What exactly is your complaint?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here