Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Conservative MP defects to UKIP

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
From my point of view, UKIP's all out policy is just as bad as the Lib Dem's all in policy. CMD is actually talking sense when he talks of remaining in the EU on renegotiated terms...other than the fact that there's no chance he'll be able to deliver on it.

I'd accept this idea of CMD's if it wasn't just "I'll renegotiate and hold a referendum" - WHAT is he going to renegotiate ? The idea he wants the anti-EU camp to trust him and vote for him next May on the basis that he will renegotiate something is ridiculous. I hold more respect for the Lib Dems on the EU even if I don't agree with them.

So we have :

Lib Dems - all in and more integration
UKIP - all out
Tories - er, well, something but nobody's sure what exactly
Labour - do they actually hold a view on the EU ? They appear to be silent.

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
This is a good post, but how many MPs are actually qualified to do the job they are in office to do?

Yes it is certainly difficult to determine if these politicians actually are that informed or if they have vested interests motivating their decisions. However we do have a considerable infrastructure to inform their decision making and I personally believe that as they can dedicate their time to reviewing the issue, get their hands on economic data and have reports compiled to discuss the issue that they are, in principle, better qualified to handle the issue. I believe to improve the quality of our politicians we need to raise their wages and make the positions more desireable by showing those in power more respect, but it is a bit of a paradox as those in power are, with some exceptions, generally unrespectable and completely disconnected from their constituents.

D

Deleted member 22389

I'd accept this idea of CMD's if it wasn't just "I'll renegotiate and hold a referendum" - WHAT is he going to renegotiate ? The idea he wants the anti-EU camp to trust him and vote for him next May on the basis that he will renegotiate something is ridiculous. I hold more respect for the Lib Dems on the EU even if I don't agree with them.

So we have :

Lib Dems - all in and more integration
UKIP - all out
Tories - er, well, something but nobody's sure what exactly
Labour - do they actually hold a view on the EU ? They appear to be silent.

Labour are trying really hard to find the right balance, but it aint working. It only works for the people who really know nothing about Labours last time in government.

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
Nice to know you're anti-democracy.

Well that is just a foolish and hyperbolic statement. You opt for that response rather than a developed critique of my argument. I am not anti democracy, in deciding for the public they would be exercising the very power we have provided them with. Sometimes they must resist the public and follow their gut instinct, for example if the public demand a referendum on an issue however the government know their is a significant chance that the outcome would have resoundingly negative ramifications for this country what should they do? Do they bend to demands and attacks labelling them undemocratic or do they follow their principles and do what they know is the best and is in the interest of its people therefore fulfilling the role we gave them. If it did have very negative consequences, years later people would be shouting about how the politicians should have followed their instinct if they knew the likely outcome and had confidence in their views to overcome the public, the public by and large are not politically concious and frequently given over to kneejerk reaction, you have to protect them from themselves.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I just don't subscribe to the argument that they are all as bad as each other. It is repeated far too often and frankly I think it is a lazy point of view. The net result is some really twisted individuals are not placed under the scrutiny that their behaviour deserves, because they are all hypocrites the lot of them.

I usually like your posts but this isn't one of your best because:
-- Lamie wasn't saying that they're all as bad as each other, and
-- your first comment is contradicted by your last.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
And Labour open the flood gates to migrants once again. Bet Ed dork milliband will push us into the single currency. The country will be bankrupt with ed balls in charge of the piggy bank.

Well this Coalition seem intent on making Ed Balls job as difficult as possible when he becomes Chancellor by shoving another £34BN onto the national debt and this alone is projected to increase to £50BN by 2019. How are they doing this ? I'll let you into a little secret which has been kept under the radar. From next week Network Rail will be "renationalised" or as the Tories will spin it - "a statistical decision for Network Rail to become a public sector organisation"

SOOTY

Aug 25, 2014
After doing 50,000+ miles around the UK including the nooks and crannies of Scotland..Cornwall and Wales since January this year....I can report this...and did to UKIP as Nige did me a favour sitting with my Ex Mrs on morning telly when she was sacked for feeding a Muslim pork as a Head chef.....by accident!x National story and so I repaidd the favour......and what i found is...in a nutshell issss....UKIP will be the new 3rd party and indeed it is that Party that the Conservatives or labour will have to 'work' with in the next co-alition. Job done!x Off to Menorca as i've done Scotland over 30 times in recent weeks....and it's job done up there too...!!x.I've heard from enough of 'the people' across the board to say as I do....my survey sez!x Never voted in me life...just listen....!x
@@
~
LUV
SOOTY
X

clubnation.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
In your own personal view has increased immigration improved your own life, what have you got out of it

me personally? i've benefited directly from better curry. i cant think of any direct downside. as an economy we have probably benefited, that's what the numbers tells. there's plenty of positive and negative to immigration, looking at a crude net flow is hopelessly flawed. consider the education immigrants mentioned earlier, in the main they are bringing large amounts of money in and not costing us anything. however there is a number that abuse student visas to come in and disappear. i dont much like to see thousands turning up with no work prospects, no skills, no communication or inclination to integrate. but i have no problem at all with those that want to come here to better themselves, i'd rather support a hardworking immigrant than a waster chav.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here