Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Conor Gallagher ?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He got 8 goals (0 penalties) from midfield in 34 Premier League game for a very average Palace team, that is really excellent. He’s got a knack for scoring goals that very few central midfielders have. Add to that he can pass the ball and he’s got bags of energy and can play at high intensity, he would comfortably fit into a RDZ side. The fouls/bookings come with being a combative central midfielder.

Of course he’d be a very good signing for us and would go straight into our starting team. This happens everytime we’re linked with established English/PL players - they get roundly criticised on here and we get told they’re not as good as what we have already which is not true.
I usually agree with you, but not on this. Just like Broja, he plays in a position (more advanced midfield) that we're over-abundant in. I don't think he has the attributes to play deeper in midfield in a RDZ system.
I'm sure he'll have a decent career and, as you point out, he knows where the goal is which is so important, but he's just not right for us, plus he'd cost a large sum.
We need a DCM (if Caicedo goes, and one that has a similar skill set or, if that's too much to ask, one that's physical and good at winning the ball back), a CB, a GK, and at least one full-back, and it's those positions that we need to be spending money on.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Brighton have another priority target for midfield...
...is the interesting bit I took from that!
Then who Fab for love of god?
He doesn’t know because he’s a chancer.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I don't think the girlie haired kid would have the bottle to come here.

He would be a good addition in my view. In those games, like Everton, RDZ could say to him 'do your thing'.

And it would be funny seeing that lot up the 23 getting pissy knickered.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
A lot of people tell me how good he is, but can't get beyond that he just seems like a Premier League version of CMS. Undoubtedly talented, but it's a bit headless running around isn't it?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Im split with this one. Sometimes he looks good, but sometimes he looks a bit Mackail-Smith like. Lots of running about with little to actually come from it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here