Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Connor Wickham

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
The only point to consider here is does it mean Murray is on his way out of Palace ? ???

Very possibly, I imagine a fair few clubs at the lower end of the PL would be very interested (Bournemouth, Norwich, etc.)

It might be the most gutted I've been since our relegation in 2005 if he's sold. I can't express how much I love that man. :(

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Very possibly, I imagine a fair few clubs at the lower end of the PL would be very interested (Bournemouth, Norwich, etc.)

It might be the most gutted I've been since our relegation in 2005 if he's sold. I can't express how much I love that man. :(

Where does Dwight Gayle fit into the master plan now, I'm intrigued to know? Can't see him getting much of a look in if Pardew has decided there isn't room for Murray, a striker who actually scored a few goals when given a chance last season. Loan him out somewhere? Get rid?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Blah blah blah, it ain't gonna happen shitbrains.

Sheebo's been owned ! :)

Hahahhahhaa SE got mugged off the other day and tries to pull out the same card back :lol:

Oh and this isn't a thread about palarse2010 so best you move on :wave: #2xAdminCheats&KnowIt

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Where does Dwight Gayle fit into the master plan now, I'm intrigued to know? Can't see him getting much of a look in if Pardew has decided there isn't room for Murray, a striker who actually scored a few goals when given a chance last season. Loan him out somewhere? Get rid?
You need 4 good strikers at this level Edna , Dwight will be a bit part player but he will get opportunities . Not all players from posh flop you know .

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's just an embarrassment to football that any cheating clubs can spend £10mil and £15mil a few years later - part of the reason I don't feel the same about the game anymore. It's a sad state of affairs. Although I guess the prem league is more a seperate corporate league altogether - I suppose any 5 yr old franchise intent on money making & ripping off fans and companies belongs there...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You need 4 good strikers at this level Edna , Dwight will be a bit part player but he will get opportunities . Not all players from posh are flops you know .

I agree, so where is Gayle going to fit in? Wickham, Chamakh, Bamford and...?

In all seriousness, ten or so goals in two seasons is hardly setting the world alight. I could understand you being willing to be patient with him if he was 20 or 21, but he's nearly 26. If he was going to succeed at PL level with you, apart from one superlative performance per season against Liverpool, then he would have done it by now.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

In all seriousness, ten or so goals in two seasons is hardly setting the world alight. I could understand you being willing to be patient with him if he was 20 or 21, but he's nearly 26. If he was going to succeed at PL level with you, apart from one superlative performance per season against Liverpool, then he would have done it by now.

He has played out wide on a few occasions so he's another option there . Where he fits in I don't know , only Al knows that , but I'd like to keep him as he is a natural finisher . He is still only 26 ,as you say , so he hasn't peaked yet .

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one

Palace don't give a shit if Dwight works out or not. They have PL money and can take a loss. Finding decent players in an inflated spiralling market to keep them in the division is the most difficult thing. But, if they should not get it right and get relegated, that's when the wages of crappy level PL players like Chamakh etc will hit hard.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He has played out wide on a few occasions so he's another option there . Where he fits in I don't know , only Al knows that , but I'd like to keep him as he is a natural finisher . He is still only 26 ,as you say , so he hasn't peaked yet .

When exactly are you expecting him to peak? I'm not suggesting he's rubbish, but I don't see him as a PL striker. He scored 14 goals (I think) in his last Championship season, albeit in a poor team. I reckon the Championship is his level. Maybe with a successful season there he might make a better fist of the PL. But he ain't going to do that sat on your bench. Wishful thinking on your part I think.

Quite surprised you haven't had any offers for him actually. I'd have thought a few Championship clubs might have asked the question at least, even if only on loan. Easily worth a punt.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
When exactly are you expecting him to peak? I'm not suggesting he's rubbish, but I don't see him as a PL striker. He scored 14 goals (I think) in his last Championship season, albeit in a poor team. I reckon the Championship is his level. Maybe with a successful season there he might make a better fist of the PL. But he ain't going to do that sat on your bench. Wishful thinking on your part I think.

Quite surprised you haven't had any offers for him actually. I'd have thought a few Championship clubs might have asked the question at least, even if only on loan. Easily worth a punt.

You lot could do a lot worse than get him on loan ( not that we'd let you have him )

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
The Mail today says that Bmuff are after Murray and with the signing of Wickham by Palace, a logical outcome.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Am I alone in thinking that Gayle is a better player than Wickham. Last seasons goal scoring shows Gayle scoring 4 more than Wickham.
I have never been impressed by either of them when watching them play against us, but Gayle definitely showed to be more dangerous of the two in those games I watched and £8 mill for Wickham, making him as expensive as Cabaye doesn't seem right to me.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013

Bournemouth wanted to sign Gayle at the start of the window. We quoted them £10m and they thought better of it. Dwight is a very good player but he can't play up front on his own, which is how we've had most of our success over the last few years. If he was to leave us he'd almost certainly stay in the PL, he's far too good for the Championship.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here