Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Connolly

Iford Albion

Jul 30, 2017
He has a touch of the Rooney about him. Needs to beef up a bit but always looking to score. Would be good to give him a cup run with zeqiri or the mad arse Romanian when he's fit.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Its a 20 year old guy, growing up in a generation always looking for conformation, playing for Brighton - of course he will have a look at the biggest Brighton forum on the internet where his name is the headline of threads on an almost weekly basis. I would be extremely surprised if he, and probably all of the other young players, didnt have a look after the games.

Think the club are very aware and brief the younger players accordingly, around various sites. Must admit I’d be surprised.

In terms of other social media, if he doesn’t like it he can change his privacy settings.

Shame he’s picked up a knock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Well played Aaron and very unlucky on that overhead kick.

That shut up the haters. Who are all the people here on NSC who “liked” that topic (‘Hopefully the end of Connolly’)? Penny for your thoughts tonight.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Have always believed we look most dangerous when Maupay and Connolly start as they have a good understanding. Excellent goal and if that overheard kick had gone in I think it would have been the best Albion goal I’d ever seen!

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Have always believed we look most dangerous when Maupay and Connolly start as they have a good understanding. Excellent goal and if that overheard kick had gone in I think it would have been the best Albion goal I’d ever seen!

Play to their strengths ie balls down the channels We have a chance of it working
Hit it high n long Nah

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I did think Connolly should go out on loan to find his confidence but it seems that someone has been working on his mindset behind the scenes. I was wrong.

The Phoenix from the flames then gets crocked. Sums our season up to a tee.

Jan 14, 2008
Windsor ontario
The power on that bike was unbelievable .....yard either side of the keeper and that’s goal of the Season . The kid is a natural finisher and can’t believe some of the crap he was getting on here over the last few weeks by a select few

FF1

Aug 28, 2019
I don't think he is shite and I don't think he is the solution to our current striker problems. He is very much like Maupay, with less experience. He could be a great polished PL striker in a couple of years, but I do believe he needs to go out on loan for a championship team where he is a starter twice a week. He can then come back as Rooney the second... He is still very very young. He will be 22 in 2 years!!!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Well played Aaron and very unlucky on that overhead kick.

That shut up the haters. Who are all the people here on NSC who “liked” that topic (‘Hopefully the end of Connolly’)? Penny for your thoughts tonight.

I don’t think I have ever hated any of our players in 40 plus years of support. But I do reserve the right to have an opinion. The boy had a good game.

Needs to do that far more often.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
The power on that bike was unbelievable .....yard either side of the keeper and that’s goal of the Season . The kid is a natural finisher and can’t believe some of the crap he was getting on here over the last few weeks by a select few
He is an outstanding player who will get better if the team play to his strengths.... ie stop trying to get him to compete for headers with 6ft 2 plus defenders.... he wants to instinctively take snap shots, he wants to run onto through balls, he wants crosses low and accurate for him to nibble at...... sadly with the sporadic supply from March in particular to the forwards at the moment, little chance of him getting on a run, even without the injury.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
He had a great 45 minutes of football yesterday. I’m pleased for him.

Now, I hope we don’t have to wait another 3 months for another performance like that (injury or no injury).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
As they came out the tunnel I said to the wife that Connolly's hair was normal. With no shaven sides, no bleached top, it looked like he was loosing the Prima Donna look and knuckling down to be a better footballer. Luckily that's how it turned out. :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here