Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations to Paul Barber.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'd counter that the dross being served up at the moment isn't far off non-league, no 1901 individual subsidises me, I subsidised myself by being involved in every demo, march and fight to help get the stadium built, some things money can't buy.....

What we were marching, protesting, pestering and campaigning for is not what we have this season. I don't mind the odd defeat (that's a lie-I hate it when we lose) but I don't enjoy The Amex experience this season. Empty seats all over the place, gates falling, rubbish atmosphere and a load of corporate bullshit being spewed out by Barber all the frigging time.

Somebody has already mentioned the simple solution: Sort the fecking playing side out and the rest will take care of itself.

Are you listening Barber?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Somebody has already mentioned the simple solution: Sort the fecking playing side out and the rest will take care of itself.

Paul Barber's job is, principally, to raise money for the footballing side of the club. What the footballing side of the club then does with that money is largely out of his hands.

I'm not sure what you want from him here.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What we were marching, protesting, pestering and campaigning for is not what we have this season. I don't mind the odd defeat (that's a lie-I hate it when we lose) but I don't enjoy The Amex experience this season. Empty seats all over the place, gates falling, rubbish atmosphere and a load of corporate bullshit being spewed out by Barber all the frigging time.

I take on board some of that however a lot of people campaigned for real ale and real pies which comes at a higher cost, you cannot have your cake and eat it so to speak there was always going to be a far higher cost for the food and drink.

Alternatively the club just purchase a years worth of Pukka pies and you get the same as every other football ground.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
.....And if we were top of the league,playing well,with forwards scoring for fun .........?!

This place would have a lot happier karma

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
I take on board some of that however a lot of people campaigned for real ale and real pies which comes at a higher cost, you cannot have your cake and eat it so to speak there was always going to be a far higher cost for the food and drink.

Alternatively just purchase a years worth of Pukka pies.

It's all your fault Beach Hut, you are anti pie, you always have been, buy some food at The Amex and fill your face, stop being so selfish and help with FFP punish:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It's all your fault Beach Hut, you are anti pie, you always have been, buy some food at The Amex and fill your face, stop being so selfish and help with FFP punish:

I am not anti-pie at all, have tried several of them and they are very good but a football match KOs and happens mainly at a time when I do not normally eat.

The point I am making is a lot of fans campaigned for these types of alternatives which are very different from most standard football grounds but do come at a price.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
I am not anti-pie at all, have tried several of them and they are very good but a football match KOs and happens mainly at a time when I do not normally eat.

The point I am making is a lot of fans campaigned for these types of alternatives which are very different from most standard football grounds but do come at a price.

Two hotdogs a pint of Harveys and a pie cost a whopping £18.50 at the last game I went, I'd suggest that's getting a tab unsustainable, and yes maybe if crowds dip they will need to look at what's being sold as they surely can't increase the prices any more.

I can't imagine the club are making that much of a mark up even at those prices (correct me if I'm wrong)

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Friend of mine is a steward on match days and said that it seems that all is not well behind the scenes and a lot of changes are going on.
I suggested to him that the club the maybe trying to get rid of all directly employed stewards and hand the whole operation over to a third party and he said could well be............did seem to be many more third party stewards yesterday.
If people are treated badly then they will vote with their feet , we left on the final whistle , walk to the station and straight onto a train to lewes at 5.06pm.......why would I want to stand around a concourse when I could sit in a warm pub.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Two hotdogs a pint of Harveys and a pie cost a whopping £18.50 at the last game I went, I'd suggest that's getting a tab unsustainable, and yes maybe if crowds dip they will need to look at what's being sold as they surely can't increase the prices any more.

I can't imagine the club are making that much of a mark up even at those prices (correct me if I'm wrong)
I remember having my dinner [as we called it] at 1pm, going to the match and not feeling the need to down a pint and eat pies, then after the match when I was hungry, going home or to eat and drink somewhere away from the ground. I lived to tell the story.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
I remember having my dinner [as we called it] at 1pm, going to the match and not feeling the need to down a pint and eat pies, then after the match when I was hungry, going home or to eat and drink somewhere away from the ground. I lived to tell the story.

"When I were a kid" yawn.....

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

so what will they do with all the bars and food prep/serving areas..??

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
You're the one who raised the issue with regard to the prices. You might find things a lot tighter when successive Governments stop printing money.

What's the Government got do with the price of pies at The Amex?!! If my grandma had balls she'd be my grandad .....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Not sure on mark up but paid around £22 for two hotdogs and beers at a baseball game, you are a captive audience therefore the price will be higher.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here