Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations to Paul Barber.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I hope Mr Barber reads this, but I will be e-mailing him anyway.

The behaviour of the door staff in the West Reception/1901 Harry Bloom was a DISGRACE today. I have been a fan since 1984, but today was embarrassing and my worst experience of treatment by club staff.

As soon as I walked in the main entrance, I was given a filthy look at by one of the security staff, no idea why. Then I was BOOMED at by an over officious female steward as soon as I approached the entrance to the lounge without any sort of greeting. "You can't come in here without a collar" she shouted, despite the fact i was smartly dressed with a smart plain jumper and shoes and smart collared coat. A second female steward then patronisingly thrust a leaflet in my hand and said "we are enforcing it this season". Enforcing what? The leaflet didn't even mention jumpers not being acceptable.

I am not a Harry Bloom 1901 regular as i have a season ticket in the East stand, but sometimes get tickets. I have never ever been treated with this level of contempt by anyone, yet alone my own football club. It's not as if i am some corporate numpty, i was a Goldstone and Withdean regular and went on all the marches for the stadium, I am a long standing supporter through thick and thin. I had to buy a £25 polo shirt to gain admission from the shop (fine because it had a collar) and queue for half an hour to get it. There was no way i was missing the match.

When i finally got in to the lounge, there were lots of scruffy people in there, some wearing hoodies and ripped jeans with a scruffy collared polo shirt underneath. Two even had trainers. I would say i was in the 20% of the smartest people in that lounge but the collar jobsworths were having none of it. I saw a number of other fans suffer the same fate. As one guy said, they will regret it when they get 10,000 fans next season and none of these fair weather supporters want to know.

Sterile, plastic, over officious and downright RUDE. I never thought i would pine for the days of Withdean and Dick Knight. The stadium might be the best in the division and god knows we fought for it, but treating the fans with this level of disrespect and indeed contempt ruins the whole experience. I will not be spending a single penny at the stadium again as a personal protest unless i receive an apology.

I have defended the club until now on things like pricing and treatment of fans as things do have to change and evolve. However, my day was summed up for me just as i was leaving. The train announcement said "we would like to remind all CUSTOMERS the last train leaves in 10 minutes.....". No further comment necessary.

They seem to be keeping the fans unhappy every way you turn at the moment. Well done Mr Barber I am sure the fans will answer your call to spend as much as we can at the Amex

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Never seen and felt so much apathy on the concourses today pre match half time & full time
No queues for drinks or food before the game as there weren't many there never seen the north concourse so empty with 30 minutes to kick off

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
On the train home tonight I was informed by a Juice FM hospitality pass holder, that it was being banded about Paul Barber would be leaving the club in the next 10 days. No reason or explanation was given to why he was leaving. He was ranting about Barber earning £500k a year for fleecing the pockets of loyal supporters.
Anyone else heard this rumour??

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Personally im looking forward to Pauls 8 million word post reply to this thread or any other criticism the club recieves.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
However, my day was summed up for me just as i was leaving. The train announcement said "we would like to remind all CUSTOMERS the last train leaves in 10 minutes.....". No further comment necessary.

And you were doing so WELL up to that point. What last train? From Falmer? to where? At 19:20?? Further comment necessary.

Trust in Tony

Banned
Aug 17, 2014
Worthing
On the train home tonight I was informed by a Juice FM hospitality pass holder, that it was being banded about Paul Barber would be leaving the club in the next 10 days. No reason or explanation was given to why he was leaving. He was ranting about Barber earning £500k a year for fleecing the pockets of loyal supporters.
Anyone else heard this rumour??
yes its on the argus website being openly talked about

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
We were searched on the way into to WSL by the stewards along with a number of other ‘customers’ but the ar5e who wanted to pat me down completely ignored the bag I was carrying. Reminded us of the jumped up snarling Hitler’s from the Withdean bad days. I expect to be treated slightly better for parting with £715 each for our seats this season.

Interesting the way half a dozen or so stewards were positioned down the aisle of WSL lower close to the home dug out, towards the end of the match, were they expecting a demo against Sammi?

Shocked by how many empty seats were around us in the WSL, how many pies etc. were still available for sale before the match, and how quiet the concourses were. Sales must be well down this season. Fans fed up with being fleeced??

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
YES jim your right , Vicente miss his talent ,his ability to get fans off their seat

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Shocked by how many empty seats were around us in the WSL, how many pies etc. were still available for sale before the match, and how quiet the concourses were. Sales must be well down this season. Fans fed up with being fleeced??
The WSU North end kiosk had loads (c. 100) of pies and hot dogs left to go to waste at the start of the second half... They also had about 40 pints poured that weren't required...

After running out of everything last week, it seems (like the Albion) they can't win...! :)

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The club is in utter disarray across the board and eveb fans whove paid to watch can't be bothered. I hope TB wakes up and smells the coffee.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Thank goodness we didn't lose today.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005

The behaviour of the door staff in the West Reception/1901 Harry Bloom was a DISGRACE today. I have been a fan since 1984, but today was embarrassing and my worst experience of treatment by club staff.

As soon as I walked in the main entrance, I was given a filthy look at by one of the security staff, no idea why. Then I was BOOMED at by an over officious female steward as soon as I approached the entrance to the lounge without any sort of greeting. "You can't come in here without a collar" she shouted, despite the fact i was smartly dressed with a smart plain jumper and shoes and smart collared coat. A second female steward then patronisingly thrust a leaflet in my hand and said "we are enforcing it this season". Enforcing what? The leaflet didn't even mention jumpers not being acceptable.

I am not a Harry Bloom 1901 regular as i have a season ticket in the East stand, but sometimes get tickets. I have never ever been treated with this level of contempt by anyone, yet alone my own football club. It's not as if i am some corporate numpty, i was a Goldstone and Withdean regular and went on all the marches for the stadium, I am a long standing supporter through thick and thin. I had to buy a £25 polo shirt to gain admission from the shop (fine because it had a collar) and queue for half an hour to get it. There was no way i was missing the match.

When i finally got in to the lounge, there were lots of scruffy people in there, some wearing hoodies and ripped jeans with a scruffy collared polo shirt underneath. Two even had trainers. I would say i was in the 20% of the smartest people in that lounge but the collar jobsworths were having none of it. I saw a number of other fans suffer the same fate. As one guy said, they will regret it when they get 10,000 fans next season and none of these fair weather supporters want to know.

Sterile, plastic, over officious and downright RUDE. I never thought i would pine for the days of Withdean and Dick Knight. The stadium might be the best in the division and god knows we fought for it, but treating the fans with this level of disrespect and indeed contempt ruins the whole experience. I will not be spending a single penny at the stadium again as a personal protest unless i receive an apology.

I have defended the club until now on things like pricing and treatment of fans as things do have to change and evolve. However, my day was summed up for me just as i was leaving. The train announcement said "we would like to remind all CUSTOMERS the last train leaves in 10 minutes.....". No further comment necessary.

What a bunch of f****** ******* - and the saddest part is that I'm not surprised. Corporate
bullshit.

Dec 29, 2011

That's a ****ing disgrace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here